• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Srarting fluid issue?

islandguydon

Welcome warwagons62, Your in good company around here.

I agree with Goose, kick him again in the balls for me as well. The mechanic is obviously not a diesel mechanic. I live in Michigan where it gets -0 for 3 weeks in the winter. If your glow plugs and card is ok, your fuel filter is fresh and you have a good charge there should never/ever be a need for Either/Starting Fluid. I am glad you came here for advice for your 6.2

67_C-30

I'll add that this applies to overuse of ether. Many people have used to crank 6.2/6.5's for decade or more (with the GP system disabled of course) using ether to start every day with no issues. I had a '84 K10 that the PO used ether for the whole time he had the truck (from about 1992 - 2003 when I bought it) that nran fine. I installed a new set of 80G's and push button set-up on it when I got it, and drove it another 5 years before I sold it. It had 339K on the clock when I sold it, as of last year when I saw it last, it was still running.

I'm not recommending it and I don't do it, but trust me, it goes on. If the GP's are working at all, it is very bad for them though.