• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

SS diesel supply and the CUCV

Blake

Who is running SS diesel supply glow plugs in their CUCV now with a stock functioning military system? How long have they been in there? Which plugs did you order? Is anyone having problems?

thanks.

mangus580

Let me add some background as to why Blake is asking this.

Last night in chat we got to talking about the glow plugs. It seems that SSD says to use the ssd-008 GP in the CUCV, and that the SSD-070 is the 24v plug for the HUMVEE. Well, it turns out, when you order a set of the SSD-070's, what they end up being is a Wellman 070 GP. A search on Wellman's site, turns up the 070 is the plug they say should be used with the CUCV..... What gives? I am assuming that SSD is a little confused and doesnt know what they are talking about...

I got my new set of glow plugs from Saturn Surplus. They're on the CUCV page, 5 or 6 down, if I remember right.

Part number 6A843G070
NSN 2920-01-151-3627
Set of 8
These are the Wellman G070's. Been running them for 3 or 4 months. GP System was stock until a couple of weeks ago when I installed the new starter and converted to 12v.

I know yer asking about SSDiesel's, hopefully the numbers will help.

dilvoy

The Humvee glow plugs have a round terminal connection instead of a flat one, so unless the glow plug harness has been altered they are not interchangable, but they will interchange in regard to screwing into the cylinder heads.

ida34

I have been running WelWellman G070's in my cucv for a few months now. I got mine from INDUSA on Ebay and they specifically had these listed for cucvs. They do have the correct connector for the cucv. I would stay that SSD is wrong.

Blake

Glow plugs

Anyone that needs glow plugs needs to call Parramore in Florida. He has the correct glow plugs for the Cucv Wellman 070's for 6.50 each and the HMMWV for 7.50 each. I dont think you can beat the price. WWW.PARRAMORE.COM

DO NOT BUY FROM SS DIESEL SUPPLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rdragoo

I just installed the SSd-008 plugs in my M1008 30 days ago, and it still has the stock controller in place. I checked the voltage at the plugs and found 24volts at the solenoid. As soon as the plugs cycle, that voltage drops immediatly to slightly below 12 volts. This is what would be expected since the stock resistor bank is still in place.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks