• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

SS Member Broke Down - Recovered

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Rebelcummins is broke down at I70 and SR235 close to WPAFB (Dayton, OH).

Number 5 injector line broke. Pegasus55 is with him. I can't help until later today and may have to tow him back here but if anyone with ideas can help please him or Jerry.

thx

Last edited:

Junkyard Wars Crusher

12B20
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think the only solution is to replace broken line with a new or used one in good condition. As far as I know they are not repairable.

If it is deuce multi-fuel, I have a spare set of lines for emergencies. He can have one on loan and replace it later.
I can't deliver, but someone can pick it up here on the Southwest corner of I-275

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here is the current plan. The truck is sitting at I70 & SR235 north of the base.

They got a ride while I was occupied with family and I just talked to Jerry and they made it home.

I am getting the 813 out and putting the tools, chains and tow bar in it to recover the truck and trailer. Jerry is going to follow in a chase vehicle.

My first recovery that isn't using a golf cart in the middle of the night at the rally. :)

dmetalmiki

There's some real comrade assist going on over there, so very nice to see in action, good luck and sucess to you all. Would not like that happen to me in this (our present) weather, gales, torential rain cold..ugh!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here is the current plan. The truck is sitting at I70 & SR235 north of the base.

They got a ride while I was occupied with family and I just talked to Jerry and they made it home.

I am getting the 813 out and putting the tools, chains and tow bar in it to recover the truck and trailer. Jerry is going to follow in a chase vehicle.

My first recovery that isn't using a golf cart in the middle of the night at the rally. :)
Good for you Steve. By the way, I got that cart fixed and I'm installing a new lift kit for this year. Should be good to go and steer both directions this time. Don't show Jerry my wrecker bed.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm home, the truck is in front of Rebel's house and my truck is tucked away in the barn.

My first tow of an MV with another MV and I can say I was pleasantly surprised by the M813's performance. I pulled away in 1st low and got up to 3rd and moved to high and went on from there. Didn't even have to use the brakes for the first 10-12 miles. I got another surprise by how well the 813 stopped. Tracked well, even with the M105 on the back. The 250 jumped about 4 degrees going up one hill but ran cool the whole time. Got to use my new half inch changes I got at the GA Rally. Perfect.

Only had one idiot pull out in front of me laid on the horn for about 15 seconds to get my point across.

Had one big tow truck go by giving me a thumbs up. Lots of people waving.

Yes, it happened. Pictures.

20131223_150859[1].jpg20131223_150837[1].jpg20131223_150833[1].jpg

FASTNOVA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Glad to see you guy's made it.
This has happened to me before. What I did was connect a length of rubber hose from the broken injector line secured with a hose clamp or zip ties so it does not slip off. The other end goes to the fuel tank. I then positioned the rubber hose into the fill neck of the tank then place a rag in the fill neck to keep fuel from sloshing out (my truck has a anti-siphon screen so no worries about the rag falling in) then duck taped the cap to the fill neck being careful not to pinch the line. I know it's kind of hokey, but it got me home.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Big thanks out to Pegasus55 for running the chase pickup and us get hooked up. He also backed the broke truck up and I can see that if it was not broken off right at the HH you could run a hose to any tank because that biatch pumped fuel over as he moved it back for me to hook up.

Ahhh, good times. ;-)

The owner missed the whole thing but people were taking pictures at his house when I pulled up.

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
I feel real special now, knowing I got your cherry! Thank you again for that most excellent recovery. It's folks like you that takes time out of their day to get someone to a safe place that makes SS more than just an internet site.

Last edited:

3dAngus

That was the REAL DEAL with SSers helping each other out. Congratulations on a fine job Steve. You set a good example for us all.

Looks like a brand new M105A3. Tall tires, but love those little fold down tailgate ladders. JW has some wheels/tires that would lower that one some from off his M1061 trailer. Wonder what the total length of that "vehicle towed convoy" ended up being with all three vehicles.

Kongo

Another pic.

The second pic was taking with the camera set on fully automatic pointed backwards... that's why its a tad crooked.

DSC_0104.jpgDSC_0098.jpg

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks