• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

SS MV of the Month - September 2014

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Welcome to the September 2014 MV of the Month Competition!:-D

To submit a nomination the rules are simple:

1. - You may nominate another SS Members vehicle, or your own.
2. - A good photo must be submitted with your nomination.
3. - Previous winning vehicles from the current year cannot be re-nominated:
Rayzer, M920, PapaBear, whiterabbit, vtdeucedriver, Tinwoodsman, favviking and DaveP.
4. - One nomination per member per month (It's to keep things fair).
5. - We are limited to 20 vehicles per month for the contest. Once we get 20 vehicles nominated OR at 17:30 on
17 September (whichever comes first), the nomination thread will close and the "Vote Thread" will open.
6. - Please do not "campaign" for your favorite MV on this thread...wait for the "Vote Thread" then have at it!!:-D

Last edited:

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
BUMP for the day shift.

Gosh...this is like pulling hen's teeth!!! Isn't ANYONE proud enough to nominate their vehicle...or someone else's???

Fine then...I nominate Zout's M909 Camper special!!

That makes 5.:jumpin:

Attachments

Last edited:

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Not fair, I want to see the tank on the home page. But I'd like to also see the SEMTT.

Tank would still win against the SEMTT.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Bump for the night shift.

How could you POSSIBLY not wanna nominate your pride and joy??? Don't be afraid of losing...it's part of life and I happen to be an expert!!:oops:

Rmtaunton

Plus some others I think I'll vote for tmnt next month , not that it is different or rare but the attention given and his thread from the little things . I could never submit my deuce , her flaws , dings , and personal Afro engineering obviously makes her the best and it wouldn't be fair to the rest

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Are you serious?? Not a single nomination in over 24hrs??aua

Heck...at this rate we will never get the 20 nominations and start the Vote Thread!!

I ask everyone to go out where ever your prized MV is and just tell it: "Well, you sure are nice but I just don't wanna take the two minutes it takes from my life to nominate you and possibly allow you to win your just due"!!

HANG YOUR HEADS IN SHAME PEOPLE!!

Attachments

Last edited:

tankdriver

OK, fine, I will nominate my WW2 WC63 with a 57mm Anti-tank gun. Marked up as the 701st TD Vehicle A2.....

Here's the photo's....

IMG_2263.jpg IMG_2260.jpg IMG_2330.jpg IMG_2338.jpg IMG_2341.jpg IMG_2340.jpg IMG_2337.jpg IMG_2339.jpg

Here's the story......

Thought I'd tell you why I picked the 701 TD A2 as the markings on my WC.....

Good friend of mine, Rudy Grisanti's Dad (Dino Grisanti) was in the 701 TD. So we are doing our local MVPA chapter as 701 TD. We have 3 Anti-tank guns my 57mm, a 37mm being restored, and a 3" being restored.

His Dad started in a halftrack with the French 75 in it. He fought at the Kasserine pass during Operation Torch. Then they put him in a M8, He with through Sicily, and Italy. He captured a platoon size group of Germans by circling the town square in a Jeep with a 50 and firing into the buildings till they surrendered. He won a Bronze Star for that. He then had a Jeep blown out from under him and went to hospital for recovery, and got the Purple Heart. After he got out, he was transferred to France, and finished the war in Europe as TD.

A funny thing is he was 1 generation out of Italy, and during WW2 they usually did not send you to fight "at Home". He said he knew a lot of the places he was fighting.

So that is why I chose the 701 TD markings. The 37mm will be vehicle A1 when finished, my WC63 is A2, and when finished the 3" will be vehicle A3.

So that's my story.....

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks