• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Stacked 813

loslobos11

Anyone ever dual an 813 exhaust? Im thinking about the possibility of twin stacks.....love the sound of that cummins...comments?

NEIOWA

M1075

Did you shorten that HEMMT tank or run it partially full? 2500gal a big load on a 5t.

We're just starting to strip the CARC on our HEMMT tank. Hopefully will get truck fabbed up overy the summer. Didn't get much done last winter on our tanker as the Chief bought himself a personal CJ2 project/toy to work on.

acetomatoco

I have a customer carrying 50000 lb (25 ton) blocks of granite out of a quarry with a M54A1...not over the road though.... Only thing he has broken in three years is a headlight and a door handle...That Mack Diesel is a torquey bugger for sure...

M1075

NEIOWA said:
M1075

Did you shorten that HEMMT tank or run it partially full? 2500gal a big load on a 5t.

We're just starting to strip the CARC on our HEMMT tank. Hopefully will get truck fabbed up overy the summer. Didn't get much done last winter on our tanker as the Chief bought himself a personal CJ2 project/toy to work on.
Neither of those trucks are mine. :cry: I don't think the tank is modded and would be over the limit if fully loaded. The highway payload rating on the M813 is 20,000. The water alone would be 21,500. How much does the tank weigh?

What are you mounting your tank on? M911?

m139h2otruck

Our M139 chassis water truck has a 4,000 gallon tank and it carries it OK off-road. Would never try it on the highway especially with the old 1400x20 tires.

NEIOWA

M1075 said:
NEIOWA said:
M1075

Neither of those trucks are mine. :cry: I don't think the tank is modded and would be over the limit if fully loaded. The highway payload rating on the M813 is 20,000. The water alone would be 21,500. How much does the tank weigh?

What are you mounting your tank on? M911?
For this project got a 1991 Ford F900 6x6 (Marmon Herrington) tractor from the Navy (Norfolk). Truck is a diesel Allison, only had 18416mi at pickup. GVWR is something over 41000lb.

NEIOWA

Until it shells out on the Ill/In border on a 90+F day mid July. The middle of July and the vol driver (coming home from vacation) with his 10yr old son as TC. Tow it 90 mi to Allison dealer, tear it open, flatbed home. $$$. Rebuild a donated core $$$. Still a good deal and now have a PTO.

When we get the 5th wheel off (full floating) will be selling it.

www.stanleyiowa.com

A story about our FD use of FEPP in the current issue of "Fire Chief"

loslobos11

I like the look of the stacks, not sure about the chrome though...my buddy found a good deal on some 4 inch stacks....I think I am gonna do it up, it should sound pretty nasty.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks