• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Stall mat question

Ray70

Most folks that have discussed stall mats here have used the 3/4" from what I have read.
However that is probably because they mainly use the ones from Tractor Supply which are normally 3/4"
Either thickness would surely be sufficient when you calculate the Square Inches in contact with the mat and the PSI exerted.

MrShawn305

My 802a is sitting on a pair of railroad ties and I bought the anti-fatigue mat from TSC. It's the rubber mat with the holes in it. I cut out the squares, which are 1'x1' and put one on each corner. It is hard enough that it did not compress and seems to work well.

cbisson

My 802a is sitting on a pair of railroad ties and I bought the anti-fatigue mat from TSC. It's the rubber mat with the holes in it. I cut out the squares, which are 1'x1' and put one on each corner. It is hard enough that it did not compress and seems to work well.
Does it reduce vibration in the set or just reduce the vibration from the set that is transferred to the floor?

MrShawn305

Thanks guys. The TS near me has the 3/4 which is where I was leaning.

We were close last time LITD. Maybe next time.
To be clear, all the TSC's and McCoy's near me within 100 miles were completely sold out of 1/2 and 3/4" stall mats for a really long time, which is why I gave the anti-fatigue mat a try. Also: it was damaged so I got it 25% off lol

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Same up here... out of stock for 75+ miles around me at one point months ago (haven't checked recently... but was sourcing 20 of them for actual stall use).

MrShawn305

Same up here... out of stock for 75+ miles around me at one point months ago (haven't checked recently... but was sourcing 20 of them for actual stall use).
Yea I don't know what was up with that. They've ALWAYS had them in stock every time I went and then suddenly there were none to be had. I did find a whole pallet of them the last time I went, but the whole pallet was on hold for someone. Something I must have missed lol

Chainbreaker

People must be using them to line the inside walls of their homes. Due to the stay at home covid situation, people are going stir-crazy at home and it softens the blow as you start to "bounce off the walls" due to extended home confinement. o_O

However, having a generator(s) to tweak and maintain is a great diversion! ;)

MrShawn305

People must be using them to line the inside walls of their homes. Due to the stay at home covid situation, people are going stir-crazy at home and it softens the blow as you start to "bounce off the walls" due to extended home confinement. o_O

However, having a generator(s) to tweak and maintain is a great diversion! ;)
Yea I was looking for one to soften the blows when dealing with my 805 lol

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks