• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Stanadyne FM100 Primary and Secondary filter install

Skinny

I installed a secondary Stanadyne FM100 2 micron water seperator with built in heater when I replaced my injection pump along with all the engine bay fuel lines. The install thread is below.

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showth...100-fuel-management-system-upgrade&highlight=

I had to drop my gas tank to replace the lines (or what was left of them) that go between the tank and frame rail steel lines. I also wanted a way to prime the system during filter changes without going with an electric pump this time around. I also needed to replace my leaky fuel pump so I ordered up a genuine AC Delco unit from RockAuto for around $30. I saw this as a perfect opportunity to install a matching FM100 primary filter unit.

I cut the steel fuel line which comes up on the passenger side frame rail. I bent it up at an angle and put a slight flare on it for some rubber line. I then mounted the FM100 on the front battery hold down bracket using some left over angle stock. If I have to change the battery, I have more than enough slack on all the flex line.

The fuel line I used on the gas tank is Tygon which is pretty much bulletproof as far as fuel is concerned but does not like high heat. Someone on SS told me not to use it in the engine bay. Since I had so much laying around, I figure I will give it a try on my gas tank. The nice thing about it is I can manually prime my primary filter until I see most of the air bubbles on the return line go away. Then I know she is ready to fire up.

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks good. The Tygon look interesting as well. I have to do rubber lines on my wagon and the FM100. Still trying to decide on hose, don't want to do any of it twice.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks