• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Start button question.

rronning84

Who ever had the truck before me had converted it over to start with a key much like a car would. I wanted to convert it back to a push button as per original. I am running in too an issue though. I hooked it all back up as it appeared on the schematics but some how the dash lights and gauges only come on when the start circuit is activated. I know these are supposed to be too separate wires but I am not sure where I went wrong here and what is worse is my wire #'s do not match up with any of the wire numbers in the schematics in the TM's.

What am I doing wrong.

P.S. Before anyone says use the search function do you really think I would be asking if I had not already tried that. If you are so high and mighty that the only advice you can offer is "use the search function, its been covered" then just dont read the post.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Did you follow the CAD drawing in the sticky at the top of the deuce forum? There should only be two wires to the button, 74 and 74A.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
P.S. Before anyone says use the search function do you really think I would be asking if I had not already tried that. If you are so high and mighty that the only advice you can offer is "use the search function, its been covered" then just don't read the post.
This kind of post is not needed.

Post more info like pictures and wire numbers that your fixing.

caliber1

Not positive, but the lights should be wired in to the light switch, not the start button. Gauges should be to the master above the light switch.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Again, print out the PDF of the CAD and follow it. It shouldn't be that much of an issue to fix it. Just needs a multi meter and a bit of time...and maybe beer :razz:

rronning84

Did you follow the CAD drawing in the sticky at the top of the deuce forum? There should only be two wires to the button, 74 and 74A.
I have it printed off but many of the numbers do not match. I am not sure why.
This kind of post is not needed.

Post more info like pictures and wire numbers that your fixing.
I apologies but it seems like myself and the other new guys get attacked anytime we ask a question on here. I read on the info for newbies when I signed up. I know how to use the search function. Unfortunately the truth of the matter is that the search system that this forum uses is not particularly good, even utilizing google. This sight is a resource and I absolutely love it here. I just do not understand why some people are so above helping us new guys. There is no single person here forcing anyone to read my requests for help so I do not feel it necessary to attack me because it is assumed I didn't use the search function.
Not positive, but the lights should be wired in to the light switch, not the start button. Gauges should be to the master above the light switch.
That is my mistake. The lights are wired in to the light switch. I meant activity with the gauges in general

Again, print out the PDF of the CAD and follow it. It shouldn't be that much of an issue to fix it. Just needs a multi meter and a bit of time...and maybe beer :razz:
Despite the disadvantage of wrongly tagged wires this did end up working for me so thank you for the advice

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
So, is your issue fixed?

Wrongly tagged wires, I have never seen.

rronning84

My issue is fixed. It was a long process of trial and error. I got it figured out with the use of a multimeter. On the schematics is calls for wires 1,11,11 and 27. Mine has 1 of the 11's and the 27 is spliced in to another wire that plugs in to the back. The # 1 wire and other 11 are not there. They are replaced with 3 digit wires