• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Started my 003 for the first time since January

goldneagle

There is a grounding lug attached to the chassis of the generator below the control panel. It has a nut on the other side of the cross-member that secures the 2 main grounding wires from the batteries. The ground from the batteries goes to the ground bolt on the starter first. Then it goes to the chassis ground under the control panel. If that nut becomes loose your fuel pumps may not work.

The starter will still spin but you will not be able to start the generator if the ground wires are loose in that location. Ask me how I know.... I was showing off the generator to a neighbor and I could not get the unit to start and run. Embarrassing! After the neighbor left I started to check the wiring. That is when I noticed the grounding lug was loose. When I reached behind it I could feel the 2 large cables were very loose. Once I tightened the nut in back of the grounding lug everything was functioning properly.

I thought it was a good idea to inform everyone to check their ground connection. It may save you a lot of unnecessary searching and testing.

Rapracing

Wire number P62C16 goes to the Aux pump. Wires P61D16 and P61F16 go to the other two pumps.
You are the winner! P62C16 & P61F16 were reversed.

When it became clear the there should be no voltage on the aux pump when in the run position and I had it that was a give away. A few posts back I had mentioned it would run fine it I put it in the Prime Run AUX position.

The thing that is not clear is why after having this for 2 years and not having an issue it decides to crop up now :shrugs:

Anyways thanks for the help to all of you. I'd be lost without this forum when I have an issue

87Nassaublue

You are the winner! P62C16 & P61F16 were reversed.

When it became clear the there should be no voltage on the aux pump when in the run position and I had it that was a give away. A few posts back I had mentioned it would run fine it I put it in the Prime Run AUX position.

The thing that is not clear is why after having this for 2 years and not having an issue it decides to crop up now :shrugs:

Anyways thanks for the help to all of you. I'd be lost without this forum when I have an issue
Well, how do you like that? LOL Never hurts to study the wiring schematics.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks