• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Started to add a M66 ring mount to my M35.

bbbang

A buddy and I started the work of mounting a M66 ring mount on my M35, today Pulled the seats, put in the reinforcement plate, and have the three legs mounted where you can still turn them. I am going to enlist a little more people help and hang the ring some evening this week. I believe I have the correct legs in the correct spots, but I am going to download the manual from this site before the final fitting. I am going to lift the ring with my tractor with loader and forks, which will lift high enough to work. It has been a fun weekend working on my truck modifications. Chris

Attachments

bbbang

The rivet process is so slooow. I almost opted to use screws. I have another reinforcement plate and another truck (m813a1) to install it in one of these days. I would be interested to hear what others have used instead of rivets, if they have. Thanks. Chris

jwaller

do all m35a3's already have the rear support bracket riveted in place? Mine does, but no support polls
yes the A3's all have them. even if you dont have a ring the plate adds a lot of strength to the cab. I suggest it be done to all trucks.

Armada

Any ideas on where the cab reinforcement plates can be found? I'd like to find one. One of the members here had talked about manufacturing the plates awhile back but I have not heard anything since. Anyone know who that was? He had made them before and some of us told him to put us to the list for the next batch. Any leads would be appreciated. Thanks

dabtl

I made an additional 14 plates last Summer and delivered all of them to members here.

I may make an additional run next Summer, but I have not decided to do so for certain.

ida34

Any ideas on where the cab reinforcement plates can be found? I'd like to find one. One of the members here had talked about manufacturing the plates awhile back but I have not heard anything since. Anyone know who that was? He had made them before and some of us told him to put us to the list for the next batch. Any leads would be appreciated. Thanks
There is one in the cab of my truck but I am kind of using it right now.

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Having installed one of the plates I bought from DABTL, I will add that it is good quality and fit perfectly. Time consuming to put in, but worth the effort .

Here is what we put it in-

Attachments

Armada

There is one in the cab of my truck but I am kind of using it right now.
You have to go to sleep sometime, Chuck.... ;-) And I moved btw. lol

If anyone else is wanting one let dabtl know so he can get an idea of how many to make and if it would be worth his while. Dabtl, do you also make the plate for the upper lip of the cab?

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You have to go to sleep sometime, Chuck.... ;-) And I moved btw. lol

If anyone else is wanting one let dabtl know so he can get an idea of how many to make and if it would be worth his while. Dabtl, do you also make the plate for the upper lip of the cab?
I'm in the market for a set if Dabtl is making another run.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks