• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Starter cases

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sounds like you got the new gear reduction bracket.

brackets.jpg

The gear reduction is on the left and the direct drive is on the right.

kabar1

I got one from a junkyard that was about the same shape from what I could tell from a picture from a thread here , cut some of the excess length off and drilled a hole. I was unable to locate a actual one with extensive searching under $30.

Last edited:

ghambley

Okay got the new piece on the starter and went to start it and it cranks then jams up and clunks. I checked the flywheel and there is a 3" section where the teeth are messed up so off to the wrecking yard for a flywheel. But new question should the starter engage more than just the edge of the fly wheel? It's only hitting like the first 1/8 of an inch of the flywheel. When I check the starter it fully engages to the end of the cone, any ideas?

dependable

It should engage deeper than that. Flex plate may be buggered and bent. With the effort involved in replacement, would recommend you buy a new flex plate (what you are calling flywheel). Get the HD one for the 6.2.

kabar1

From my many many many different starters I've put on the old style direct drive that has a the bushing and no dimple on nose cone go in a little farther.

ghambley

Well Bought the new HD flex plate got it in new nose cone and brace for the starter. Got it all together and it all works great. I sure appreciate all the help from everyone now to figure out why the tranny is shifting slow after all this, I think it lost some fluid when the lines where off.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Vacuum hose.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks