• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

starter fluid - replacement bottle

motomacguyver

I recently bought mine directly from quick-start for 18.50 per bottle, they came with gaskets also. The only catch is a 25$ hazmat fee regardless if you order 1 or 20. This is the cheapest I found them and I looked for a while.

"don't do anything your not proud of"

motomacguuyver

mikey

any idea if that matches to part
WP 0059 00 (vehicles built after serial No. 504924)

or

WP 0055 00 (vehicles built beforeserial No. 504924)

just trying to make sure before i pull the trigger...
the TM lists the same exact nsn, cage and part number for both serials for the actual ether can... it may just be some hardware that is different between the two...

mikey

I looked for the NSN online real quick....didn't find it; and it is way to dark and cold right now to go grab it. It is just the "Quick Start" cylinder that squirts ether into the stream when you hold and release the cold start switch.

I was under the impression that NAPA, while carrying starter fluid, would not contain the ether mix used by the actual NSN item. I would prefer to go with the real McCoy if possible...

EDIT: I might have found the NSN...possibly 2910006469727
update!

recovered a deuce from mechanicsburg today with paulfarber.... his deuce, on the gl lot, had an aftermarket ether can... so, first and foremost, you may not be able to get the "real mccoy" anymore if the gooberment is using aftermarket...

secondly, i didnt get the numbers off the can because we were focused on getting his deuce running, but im sure paul can provide that later as a mil approved aftermarket can..

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks