• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Starter FUBAR

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
:tigger:

Removed the offending starter today (it's easy when you lift the front of the CUCV with a wrecker) and took it to the old school starter guy.

He put it on the bench and it worked perfectly.

Walked out of the shop feeling like a dumba$$.:oops:

Re-installed it and it worked perfectly.:shrugs:

I hate CUCV's.:burn:

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Also check the purple wire that goes to the starter solenoid. Many times it will hit the exhaust, melt and make a direct short. Or it will rub through somewhere.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Always with the negative waves Wreckerman893 . Why can't you dig how much money you saved? Enjoy some cheese and wine.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Did you ever do the DH mod?
I didn't but there is some sort of modification on the firewall inside the engine compartment.

The starter bolts were pretty tight when we removed them so I'm not sure it could have turned but you never know.

My intent is to baby it until I get the title changed over to my name and then drop it like a hot rock.

I should be in the classifieds soon.

epartsman

I can never figure out how people think this system is complicated. It's like two seperate charging systems wired in series. It is no more difficult to troubleshoot than a standard 12v system except there duplicate pieces. Not only does it have a lot of power ability but if alternator one dies, you can simply swap it out for number two to get home.
Ive never been able to swap anything out with number two and get it to work. :razz:

olly hondro

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Voltage sources in series.....like batteries in a flashlight. Doesn't seem that complicated to me...and I don't have an advanced degree.

olly hondro

Steel Soldiers Supporter
epartsman : thats how I got my daughter to stop chewing on pencils. "Look, is says number 2 right on it, what do you thinks its made of ??"

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks