• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Starter just died, looking for a new one i think..

dependable

I have had bad luck with the chinees and brazilian solenoids, which are all I can find sometimes. They last 6-8 months in daily driver 1028. They only cost $45, so I keep one on the shelf. put on the new solenoid and the starter is fine. It is a pain. Would like to find a souce for OEM 24v

Dabba

And it didnt last longer than 10 starts. Starter gear wont pop out to engage the flywheel. Gonna go raise ****, but i also found im missing one of the two main starter bolts. Anyone know where i can grab one?

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
And it didnt last longer than 10 starts. Starter gear wont pop out to engage the flywheel. Gonna go raise ****, but i also found im missing one of the two main starter bolts. Anyone know where i can grab one?
GM dealer for the bolts, they're metric. Be sure to use a washer and torque to proper specs. Do you have the bracket attached to the front of the starter? If not, get one, it's important. Hopefully the missing bolt is not broken off inside the block.

Dabba

yeah, went to the autoparts store and thought i had it matched up, she wouldnt catch the threads. So trucks still stuck till i get that bolt. I have the bracket but couldnt line it up to get it on with the bolt in, guess ill go the gm dealership and get the bolt. Wonder if theyre open tommorow. I can't believe the mechanic gave it back to me like this

combatmech

I am having the same problem. Turn the key, click....checked batteries....replaced starter solenoid...still nothing. One thing I did notice, the "wait" stays on forever.....

Dabba

Someone suggested the hole can be stripped. I swear is this mechanic stripped the threads in the block im going to loose it. Whenever someone works on my truck they **** it up. And oddly enough **** never happens when its nice and warm out either so i bring it to them. You would think putting a starter in a gm truck wouldnt be beyond a mechanic but.. grrrr

Mudstone

ok... starter od iron works great from the few times i have started her. i been sick and dropped the truck off in yonkers with a buddy to get some work done before my surgery... should have new glow plugs, hydrobooster, crossover, and some other things fixed up when i get it back... will let you know how it goes.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks