• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Starter not turning over on M35A2

ducer

First you need to go through your wiring and figure out how and where you let the smoke out of your wiring harnes. :shock: Then start figuring out why the smoke escaped, chaffed wire, pinched wire, loose ground, loose hot wire, etc.

Denny

Marks NJ M35a2

Im having the same issue. I ran my M35A a month ago and it started and ran great, then I parked it and now all I get is click click, I have lights, buzzer, and new batteries.
Its frustrating as ****. Ive had the truck for 5 years and have this issue once and awhile. I was wondering if tapping the started as mentioned might help, I need to check the other connections too.

brianp454

I'm having a similar issue. When I got my truck (about 4+ years ago) I would sometimes get a clunk and no start. I replaced the batteries and never had an issue since. Over the weekend I stopped after driving 45 minutes or so on a hot day and got the "click." Had a buddy give me a pull and started it the old fashioned way. Got home and tried starting it the next morning and it started right up. My truck does not have the solenoid up over the exhaust elbow like some do. I've intended to replace the battery cables just because they are ancient. Maybe this is the right time... Would also like to find a p/n for the solenoid on the starter itself.

Im having the same issue. I ran my M35A a month ago and it started and ran great, then I parked it and now all I get is click click, I have lights, buzzer, and new batteries.
Its frustrating as ****. Ive had the truck for 5 years and have this issue once and awhile. I was wondering if tapping the started as mentioned might help, I need to check the other connections too.

A Blind Man

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm having a similar issue. When I got my truck (about 4+ years ago) I would sometimes get a clunk and no start. I replaced the batteries and never had an issue since. Over the weekend I stopped after driving 45 minutes or so on a hot day and got the "click." Had a buddy give me a pull and started it the old fashioned way. Got home and tried starting it the next morning and it started right up. My truck does not have the solenoid up over the exhaust elbow like some do. I've intended to replace the battery cables just because they are ancient. Maybe this is the right time... Would also like to find a p/n for the solenoid on the starter itself.
Occasionally starter solenoid will wear down a bad spot and or get some crud into the contact, just mash the start button a few times in rapid succession. it'll usually work :whistle:

Edit: few is relative, normally first push works every time, but after i got the truck in the fall there was one day, I had to hit it about 5-10 times in a row, no issues since (but i don't drive it everyday)

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks