• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Starter Problems M1009

wired1000

Good to know: I just talked to Tom at Ohio Generator. Apparently he and his brother re-designed the original Delco starter back in the day and they've supplied thousands of them to the military as an upgraded replacement. He's gonna get back to me tonite about whether he has the parts to build a new one for me, but the ballpark price he quoted me was reasonable, given the heavy-duty / custom build. Just another option for everyone, especially if you're not in a time-crunch like myself.

custm86

Turns out my relay froze up and burnt the solenoid. In turn it burnt up all my starter wires. Currently replacing all. I got my original starter from Ebay member CALTRIC.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
So another reason to do the Doghead Starter Relay conversion.

Glad you figured it out. Sorry to hear about the damage.

wired1000

Got my new starter from Tom at Ohio Generator. It works marvellously and sounds like it could crank all day (not that I'll be testing that theory). From a couple recent posts, it sounds like I need to do the Doghead Starter Relay conversion asap.

Unfortunately, the rear axle swap did not go so well. Lots of noise and it sounds really messed up, but see the other thread for that...

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/cucv/70558-rear-diff-smells-like-sewer-plus-id-these-diff-parts.html

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks