• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Starter Rebuild

CUCV85beast

I can't find starter rebuild kit specifically for the 24 volt starter, anyone think that the rebuild kit for a 12 volt is any different than the one for the 24? I would think that because both a 12 and 24 would fit and function (at least until the 12 volt goes out from too much power) that a 12 volt rebuild kit would work just fine....

What do y'all think?

CUCV85

I can't find starter rebuild kit specifically for the 24 volt starter, anyone think that the rebuild kit for a 12 volt is any different than the one for the 24? I would think that because both a 12 and 24 would fit and function (at least until the 12 volt goes out from too much power) that a 12 volt rebuild kit would work just fine....

What do y'all think?
Search ebay for a china crap 12 volt or 24 starter
118.00 delivered to your door!

or have the orginal 24 volt rebuilt by a reputible shop! 180-225.00

your choice

If you go with a 12 volt AC delco Remy
or China crap make sure you do the conversion!
Some guys have good luck with 12 volt or 24 volt china crap!
Some swear by the Remy...

mslogr

Man i dont know about in your region, but all we do is take our starters to a local rebuilder. Here in Ms. it doesn't cost much and we get a great job done.

jvlmed

I have read many posts about starters, then mine went out. I had it rebuilt specifying it was a 24volt. I installed the rebuild and it cranked fast and only started twice, then nothing. The rebuilder (very reputable) used 12/24volt components the first time, the second rebuild he used only 24volt rated parts. It has been working fine since. The rebuild cost me $120.