• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

starter relay bypass

boomer431

If you have a cucv that has been converted to 12 volt is the starter relay needed? My understanding of this relay is that it is used to convert the 12 volt signal from the ignition switch to 24 volt for the starter solenoid.:twisted:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you choose to convert your starter to 12 volts, you remove the AC40 relay and jumper the purple with white stripe wire to the purple wire.

Last edited:

boomer431

Thanks thats what I thought I didn't see the need for it on a 12 volt system.What are the other 2 relays for? ( black)

Last edited:

twright

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Crash_AF you are correct I looked at the wiring drawing to fast I have been runing a Gen problem for the last two days and missed a burned out fust link just started from wrong end.it was one that did not look like it was burned out but by that time I had check ever thing you could think of that just was the last.
AEC Retired Tony