• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Starter Relay Help

ldc4kd07

Does anyone know if O'Reilly Auto Parts, Napa, or any other auto parts stores sell a starter relay for a 1970 M35A2 deuce and a half with a Continental LDT 465 , or does anyone know a part number I could use to try and find one? I know Big Mike's Motor Pool has them for sale, but I was wanting to try and find a cheaper one and fix my truck sooner than waiting for shipping of one from Mike's. I put a new oil pressure sending unit on my truck and in the process, I broke a frail wire to the relay. After I replaced the wire, my truck has power to the lights and gauges, but will not turn over. I'm checking the electrical tonight to see if it is indeed the starter relay, but I have a feeling it is due to the bolt on top spins when trying to tighten the wire down. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you all.

Attachments

pigpen60

Tap it with a hammer while your trying to crank. If it worked before what changed? Most of those can be opened up and contacts cleaned or turned around. All of what I have said can be done on the starter too.

ldc4kd07

Checked the starter button to the relay and it shows that my starter relay is bad. Just ordered a new one from Big Mike's Motor Pool. I'll let you know if that was the problem once I install it. Thank you.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks