• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Starter Run On!! Please Help!

billybatts299

I got the Run On before I was able to do the Doghead mod. I tried to disconnect the battery as quickly as possible but I am afraid I killed the starter. Luckily the guy I bought the truck from had a new starter, along with a bunch of other new parts from the unit that sold it to him (he retired from that unit).

I replaced the starter and completed the Doghead mod. I double checked the Doghead relay mod connections multiple times and I am confident they are hooked up correctly. However if I connect the battery I get power to the gauges even without the key even in the ignition. If I turn to start the new starter relay makes a click noise but nothing happens.

What are the other components that get damaged when you have a Starter Run On? Could my wires under the dash melted together causing this constant power issue? How can I verify this new starter is not 12V?

Thank you for any assistance!

dependable

Your ignition switch could be stuck or jammed on. It is located down on the steering column, and actuated by a metal rod when you turn the key. Check to see if the rod is moving freely and switch turns on & off.

You could have fried a fuesable link or two also, but would check that switch first, because of the always on symptom.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks