• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Starter Troubles

pbrstreetgang

My truck is making a noise every 2 out of 10 starts now that sounds similar to when you try and start a vehicle that is already started. Last night I shut off i the Mcdonalds drive through and it went out completely. I rolled it out and let it sit for 10 minutes and it cranked right up.

I assume this means that either my solenoid or my starter are going bad.

Any thoughts?

Westech

CPL
well kinda.... sounds like the teeth on the fly wheel might be going bad (bad spots) or on the starter drive. Remove the starter and take a look at the starter drive teeth and the teeth on the fly wheel.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks