• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Starter turns when key out of ignition

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Could be used to do what?

Disconnecting the battery cable to the starter, will not always stop the starter from running on.(in post#89)

It could actually add to the damage.

The FLU farm

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Could be used to do what?

Disconnecting the battery cable to the starter, will not always stop the starter from running on.(in post#89)

It could actually add to the damage.
If one forgets to turn off the engine, yes. Or if a meteor happens to hit the switch, it'd be useless, too.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don't understand what you mean.

If you are experiencing a starter run-on, how could you forget to turn off the engine? What if it did not start?

Please explain what the switch could be used for?

This thread is about run-on, not security.

You can turn the key off during a run-on, that does not stop it.

cucvrus

WOW. 11 pages about this issue. Is this like an infomercial on starter relays. I am still not buying it. I must go someone else is replying to this thread. Have a great day. :)

The FLU farm

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don't understand what you mean.

If you are experiencing a starter run-on, how could you forget to turn off the engine? What if it did not start?

Please explain what the switch could be used for?

This thread is about run-on, not security.

You can turn the key off during a run-on, that does not stop it.
I give up, too. CUCVRUS suggested a switch on the starter cable, and I saw nothing wrong with that. Apparently there is.

cucvrus

CUCV relay 1306310.jpgspl6012-1__19537.1471335462HD.jpgDSCN3463stock.jpgForget it man. You will never win. Just do as I do and stay stock. I never had any issues with it that way. I wish I did so I could see this great meltdown that occurs while I just stand and watch. That's the part I don't get. I would react and stop the error. And reaching under the dash at knee height would be a natural reaction for me. I have lift gates get stuck going up and they just keep trying when the HD solenoid sticks. I cut the cable it stops. These all do the same thing. I have had them fail no matter how big they are. But low voltage is mainly the cause in most cases. And in the CUCV low voltage comes with hard starting. Fix the hard starting and put good batteries in and 99% of the electrical problems are solved. Always worked for me. I am tapping out on this one. Have a Stupendous Day.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Forget it man. You will never win.
You have the wrong outlook for using this forum, if that is how you feel.

This isn't about winning. It's not a battle or a game.

It's about learning, teaching and helping.

Having an open mind, helps a lot. Having the desire to understand helps a lot.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks