• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

starter woes

72m35a2

ok guys went to start it and nothing no click or anything batteries showed full. was in a parking lot so had to get home used a screwdriver to jump left side of solenoid (closest to tire) to the main lug fired right up no bad noises or anything. got home cleaned and tighten all connections at starter. still nothing till i jump the terminals. ohm'ed the push button and it checks out.

i dont see a relay on my starter is it hidden.. its to dark but i guess i need to check voltage at the push button first but any of you guru's have any idea's??

thank you

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Some are missing and just using the button. The starter button is easy to test, hook up a DMM and check for continuity when you press the button.

72m35a2

Some are missing and just using the button. The starter button is easy to test, hook up a DMM and check for continuity when you press the button.
i did that on the switch its good but havent checked if the switch is getting voltage
thanks

72m35a2

i will check all thing mentioned and report back. i didnt know if there was a fuse or something inline from the button down hidden somewhere. im sure its something simple you guys will help me figure out thats why i came here.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
i will check all thing mentioned and report back. i didnt know if there was a fuse or something inline from the button down hidden somewhere. im sure its something simple you guys will help me figure out thats why i came here.
No fuses ,just circut breakers.

72m35a2

ok i really hurt my ankle but i was able to slowly make it out to truck to check voltage at the push button voltage showed 13v dc.. batteries are fully charged and fires right up when starter is jumped.:(

thanks all

72m35a2

ok i cut the wires to the push button and stripped them. i have 24v to the wire on left. but if i touch the 2 wires together still nothing.
the relay is on the block do i need to bypass it? and if003.jpg005.jpg004.jpg so how
thanks

72m35a2

all fixed and done right
thanks to those who tried to help
as far as this forum goes im disappointed in the treatment i got overall so im out and can take good care of my duece without this forum. i was hoping to meet some cool people that shared in my passion

im sure some of you will say good riddance so good luck to you all
im gone :!:

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That last post is a bit unsettling from a very new member, to now an ex member!
Maybe I'm missing something that was deleted, "disappointed in the treatment I got overall". I don't see it. Gimp was the first to render advise; good advise. Others offered good past T/shooting. This thread didn't even get wound tight like others have. Maybe other threads the OP started had a negative effect.....

steelandcanvas

all fixed and done right
thanks to those who tried to help
as far as this forum goes im disappointed in the treatment i got overall so im out and can take good care of my duece without this forum. i was hoping to meet some cool people that shared in my passion

im sure some of you will say good riddance so good luck to you all
im gone :!:
Sorry you weren't satisfied with the service you received. I really don't know what we could have done better, heck I even gave you a link to a schematic.

rustystud

That last post is a bit unsettling from a very new member, to now an ex member!
I think it's my fault. Back a few days I gave him a warning about using foam filled tires on the road, but then I gave him a pep talk to encourage him. Well he responded rather negatively to my and a few others comments. I was having an extremely bad pain night that day and fired back (I know I need to control the inner beast). He of course fired right back and said a few things, then he told me "don't comment on his posts" , so I didn't. I think others felt the same way I did. Before anyone comments on my bad behavior, ( I know I shouldn't have gotten so angry) is civility gone in our society today ? Is telling someone something their doing is going to cause harm a bad thing now ? So I can no longer tell anyone that the bridge is out so turn around and go back because it will hurt their feelings ?

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think it's my fault. Back a few days I gave him a warning about using foam filled tires on the road, but then I gave him a pep talk to encourage him. Well he responded rather negatively to my and a few others comments. I was having an extremely bad pain night that day and fired back (I know I need to control the inner beast). He of course fired right back and said a few things, then he told me "don't comment on his posts" , so I didn't. I think others felt the same way I did. Before anyone comments on my bad behavior, ( I know I shouldn't have gotten so angry) is civility gone in our society today ? Is telling someone something their doing is going to cause harm a bad thing now ? So I can no longer tell anyone that the bridge is out so turn around and go back because it will hurt their feelings ?

That's been in the rules for a long time ;
• Do not post unfriendly or insulting comments or replies to other members., This can start unpleasant exchanges which no one wants to read in an otherwise valuable topic. If someone has posted a rude comment to/about the user, the user itself is asked to ignore the remark and report the offending post for review and deletion.

But this was added due to hurt feelings;
Answering questions:
Please do not reply to a question with a 'Read the TM' or 'Did you search?' type reply that lacks in content. If a question is posted that could be answered from the TM's, provide a link to and details (page) where the answer is contained. Alternatively, if there is already a thread documenting the answer, a link to that thread is also acceptable. On mobile devices, it's understandably difficult to respond with a link. Giving specific information such as the TM number in which the info can be found is acceptable. Or some helpful keyword to aid in searching.

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Rusty,
If the bridge is out, I want to know. Experience is the best teacher, however I'm through with learning the hard way.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks