• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

starter?

blackhueys

ok need some help here. i fried my wiring harness the other day from the stupid relay under the dash getting stuck on! fixed the wires but now when ever I go to reconnect the battery the starter engages and turns the engine over regradless if the ignition key is in or not. what else could i have missed not fixed! What causes this to run all on its own?

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Did you replace the relay with a new AC-40 relay?

Did you replace the starter?

Did you repalce or repair the wiring, exactly as it was(needs to be)?

Need more info.

blackhueys

yes up graded the relay to your mod. Starter is fine had to replace the solenoid on it though. good voltage.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would start by testing all 4 connection on the new under dash relay. Confirm they are correct.

Then I would confirm the wire connections on the starter solenoid.

I have heard of people accidentally pinching the purple(iirc) wire at the starter solenoid, to the starter battery cable.

blackhueys

ok well I will go look and see what I can. just weird it only does it when the battery gets reconnected. thanks

ralbelt

After reading this I am so glad that I did the" DH starter relay modification" before I had a problem. I really think that anyone with a CUCV that does not do this 1/2 hour upgrade is waiting for a major failure.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks