• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Starters

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Lookin at pickin up a 1953 5Ton truck. It has been overhauled to a multifuel. I know there are some differences, but would the starter from my deuce work on the 5T? I'm thinkin there just in different locations, but want to be sure.

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I converted many 5ton LDS465 to be installed in deuces. Bell housings, clutch and flywheels are different but ring gears have same o.d. (17.5”) & teeth count (138T) and MF starters are all interchangeable (same mounting flange pattern, same pinion gear (12T). The deuce ring gear sits 20mm closer to the engine block which is compensated via longer studs and an aluminum spacer of same thickness, between block and starter.
For 5ton application the starter bolts directly to the block.

So if your deuce starter is OK, just throw it in.

Gerhard

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Thanks guys, thats what I was hoping rto hear. Just want to get it home, then take the time to make it right.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks