• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Starting below 0 degrees?

Mike_Pop

I have a diesel fired water heater that I've had kicking around in my garage for a few years. I wonder if that could be used to run coolant through?

mangus580

Mike_Pop said:
I have a diesel fired water heater that I've had kicking around in my garage for a few years. I wonder if that could be used to run coolant through?
Military one? dont see why not either way actually....

Mike_Pop

Mike,

I'll have to snap some pics when I get home next week. The heater is military, German made, for making hot water. I thought it would be great in a camper. But then again, it would be awesome as a coolant heater. My concern is are there any seals that will corrode? And, once I run coolant through it, I could never use it for potable water.

Jetnoise400

Armada said:
That's it Sean. Man, that's clean too! You have to put in smaller batteries (dimensionally), to be able to get the pass side heater and battery boxes installed, correct?
Yup, that's correct Armada. The kit includes 2 insulated battery boxes that are plumbed (air ducts) to the passenger side heater. The batts are much smaller than the 6TLs. Also, that heater is ducted down to the bottom of the oil pan on the engine and transmission. Both have an air chamber attached to the bottom of the pan that allows the hot air to keep things warm.

Still pretty clean under there for 11k miles... thanks for the compliment. My heater kit is also for sale, and like Armada's, mine comes with an M1009 attached also. :lol:

superburban

Mike_Pop said:
Do you want to part with it? That would be just the ticket for my portable biodiesel processor project!

Oh. Is it in NV or NJ?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks