• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Starting Hard

coyote_hunter

My 1008 is starting hard. It takes about two 5 second cranks to get it to fire up. It doesn't matter what the outside temperature is it still starts hard on 100 deg days. It starts up fine if I've been driving it, but if it sets for 6 hours or more it starts hard. Here's what I've done so far.

1. Replaced all rubber fuel lines and checked all the metal lines.
2. Installed an electric fuel pump with an inline filter in front of it.
3. Replaced the injection pump (it went bad)
4. Replaced the filter base with a screw on type
5. I've installed a clear return line coming out of my injection pump and when I check it before I start the truck it sometimes has a small BB sized air bubble, after the truck starts there is no air running through that line.
6. I've put in a new glow plug relay, and the truck has had a 12v conversion done to it. The guy who did the 12v conversion forgot to bypass the resistior, but I've done that now.

Not sure where to go from here, should I put new plugs in it?

Barrman

Check each glow plug for resistance between the blade terminal and the head with the wire off. 1-3 Ohms is what you should have. The -20 manual has a huge troubleshooting section that walks you through glow plug fixing.