• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

starting issues

212sparky

i got it on Ebay for 350 plus 20 for shipping. i bought the truck last saturday and the guy i bought it from said it was rebuilt before he got it. he only had the truck for a few months. i figure if i put a new one on it and rebuild the other i then have a spare. If my friends who also have deuces run into starter problems we will have a spare parts pool to draw from.

212sparky

I installed the new starter in under an hour. i fires right up, now to fix the horn. All the wiring is missing fron the steering colum and the horn button is missing but i will come up with something.

Gunner0311

Ditto what Sparky says! I had a similar problem for a while(most of the summer!!!).aua

Don't go crazy like I did. Try two newer batteries that you are sure test good
and see what happens. I ran testers all over the place and could not find my
problem. Tried jumping it without success also. When I pulled the two GI
batteries and threw in two commercial ones it started immediately!:-D

hdexpert

I've had an intermittant starting issue with my deuce since I got it in the spring. Finally got to the point it wouldn't turn the motor over, just clicked. Batteries were new, cable connections clean and tight so off came the starter. Took the end of the solenoid out and found a loose connection on the large negative terminal. There is a small screw inside that had backed out most of the way so it wasn't getting a ground. I'm sure this has happened to many people that ended up replacing their starter. Very easy fix (except for getting that big @ss starter in and out). Now that I've done it out of the truck I know for a fact it can be done when the starter is still in the truck, it'll just be a bit tight. Hope this helps someone in the future!!:-D

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks