• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

starting problem

Kenneth Cole

Hi
When I try starting her she will turn over but disengage . Sometimes she will stay engage long enough to start . Once she is warmed up she's fine.
Is this a problem with the starter or the solenoid ? Has anyone used a rebuild kit with any luck?

Ken

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
when the starter disengages, is it still spinning and running up against the flywheel, or does it just kind of stop and not spin at all?

My very first thought is to take your batteries in and get them tested.

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
This may be an EESS box or battery issue.
So you are saying you turn the key to start and after a short time the starter just acts like you released the start switch, as the starter just stops?
Then you cycle the switch and it tries again?
As Coug said I would test the batteries first, the EESS box may be sensing the battery voltage is too low.
If you charge the batteries and it works OK cold then that may also point to a battery issue.
If you have not already done so it would be a good idea to check/clean all the grounding points also

Kenneth Cole

This may be an EESS box or battery issue.
So you are saying you turn the key to start and after a short time the starter just acts like you released the start switch, as the starter just stops?
Then you cycle the switch and it tries again?
As Coug said I would test the batteries first, the EESS box may be sensing the battery voltage is too low.
If you charge the batteries and it works OK cold then that may also point to a battery issue.
If you have not already done so it would be a good idea to check/clean all the grounding points also

Kenneth Cole

HI
The starter will disengage after a couple of cycles . Each time it will cycle maybe once or three or four times and then disengage. Sometimes it will stay engaged and start the engine. If I have it plugged in a couple hours to warm it up, then she will start right away. When she is all warmed up she will start on the first cycle.

Ken

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You say plugged in, are you talking heater or battery charger?
Can you post a video?

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
This is sounding more and more like a battery/electrical issue to me.
Warm engines take less power to crank them.

Just to verify, what batteries are you using?
How old are they?
Have you had them tested?
Have you tried a cold start after putting a charger on the batteries?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks