• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Starting research ld 465 1c turbo upgrade

rustystud

maybe a 7.3 powerstroke turbo? the engine size is about right and IIRC 'strokes didnt get any turbo electronics until the 6.0. Not sure about mounts and clocking though.
I'm pretty sure it was the 6.9 though the last time I saw him was three years ago. It had to do with the characteristics of both turbos. Both are very similar in ramp-up speed and lag and total output. Also they are much cheaper and much more plentiful then a original Deuce turbo. If someone really wanted to, they could check out all the specs of the Deuce turbo compared to the Ford PowerStroke Turbos and find the one they needed. Since I have several spare Deuce turbos laying around (D and C ) I don't need to worry, but someone else might want to.

rustystud

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks