• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Starting system: "Yes" Anything else: "No"

Cletus09

The Diode Trio (I think) went bad in my gen2 (m1009). I replaced it and returned the alternator to its nest. The rear battery was almost dead and did not have enough juice to turn the engine over. So I went to jump start it with another cucv (m1008). I think this is where I went wrong. I connected one side of the cables to the positive terminal on the rear battery, and the other side to the negative terminal on the forward battery on both vehicles. I hopped in and went to start the 09 and got a rapid clicking sound that was very audible in the cab and from outside under the hood. The engine also turned a little, but not all the way over. It sort of "vibrated around" instead of turning over, almost as if the started was hooked up to AC instead of DC. I reconnected the cables, connecting just the rear battery, it turned over slowly, but everything sounded normal. However, now I have no accessories at all in the 09, NONE. No horn, no lights, no blinkers, nothing but the start up dash lights, glow plug system, and starting system. Any ideas on what I broke/burned/fried? Is there a main fuse or something for the accessories?

Cletus09

I forgot to mention that after the batteries had been charged, the 09 would not start either. The engine would turn over fast enough, but it just acted as if it wasn't getting any fuel. Is there a solenoid in the fuel system, or the lift pump that may not be getting the appropriate power as well?

dependable

The stock lift pump is mechanical. The IP requires 12 v to operate. You may have fried fuseable link. Also check the fuses and what the heck, maybe check your batteries too.

mistaken1

Check for 12V power at the diamond shaped bus on the driver's side. It receives power from the red wire on the negative post of the back battery. Check the battery dogbone cable as well.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks