• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Starting

Unionjackjim

My HMMWV has always started happily in N , Drive or Reverse no worries , but today It will only start in N ?? , not a problem , but I had a few nervous moments of thought while I went through the possible reasons for not starting .........

So confirmation of correct operation would be appreciated :shock:

rlwm211

The neutral safety switch is located on the top of the column very close to the firewall. This is adjustable as well. I would suggest trying to adjust this before replacing it.

Hope this helps

RL

dilvoy

Even though the switch is protected by the boot that covers the bottom side of the shifter assy, muck and water gets in there and gunks things up. It's a horrible job, because the boot is pinched between the top of the trans tunnel and the bottom of the shifter plate so you need to remove the shifter to change the switch. Plus the exhaust pipe is blocking your work area which makes it almost a two person job.

papakb

switch

The mmain difference between the HMMWV neutral start switch and a civy switch is 2 6" wires and about $30. As long as it's got the same threads it'll work.

Kurt

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks