• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

State Farm says they want my business

Somemedic

My agent finally called me after 2weeks of sending emails of M35s and TMs with GVWs. She said it would be $48 a month, no mileage restriction. I can drive the truck up and down the street as a daily driver. The reasaon so pricey? 100/300/100 instead of the state minimum 100/50/100 and a $250 deductable. I figure I could spring for a windshield...

That sounds reasonable to me. Your thoughts?

55Cameo

Doesn't sound too bad for unlimited mileage and that coverage. Mine is $138 per 6 months for limited use. I think that it is 5000 miles per year. Not that I will ever drive it that much.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Offroadfabworks said:
considering where you are probly not bad of a deal somemedic
Where is that? Gary Indiana!? Anyway, I have State Farm historical, and mine is just over $100 a YEAR.

Hammer

I just got commercial insurance on two of mine.

Here is what I was quoted.
$209/6 months for liability, uninsured, etc.
$257/6 months ^ plus Comp.
$276/6 months ^ plus collision.
And for $200 a YEAR, I could add a 1 Million $ blanket coverage for all vehicles. But I would have to have ALL my vehicles at 100/300/300.

usmarines72

Somemedic said:
My agent finally called me after 2weeks of sending emails of M35s and TMs with GVWs. She said it would be $48 a month, no mileage restriction. I can drive the truck up and down the street as a daily driver. The reasaon so pricey? 100/300/100 instead of the state minimum 100/50/100 and a $250 deductable. I figure I could spring for a windshield...

That sounds reasonable to me. Your thoughts?
I also have State Farm w/same liability coverage and only pay $184/6 months

Blacksmoke

RE: Re: State Farm says they want my business

I have State Farm historical & it is about $72 a year. When they were writing the policy, they wanted me to bring it by for pics. They took a few & sent them in to the main office. The desk drivers there said it "was missing something on the front end" I guess they were looking at the spaces between the bumper & fenders? Finally convinced them that everything was complete & intact.

BillIdaho

I am seeing a pattern here...State Farm.

I, too, have State Farm on all my MV's. I think it's about $70 a year. Minor (relatively speaking) restrictions such as parades and special events only, must be restored to look "original". Fit's my use prefectly. As does the price.
Kinda strange though...my 5-ton cost as much as my M151A2.
I have classic plates on the 5-ton and the Goat. I have personalized ("M151A2) on the Mutt.
I went in and talked to the insurance lady about my M103A2 trailer with the VSS-3 on it. I was wondering since it is worth quite a little bit more than a standard M103, should I insure it separately. She said as long as it's hooked up to something else I own ( and insured through them) it's covered.
Oh yeah, I had Progressive for a year on my M151A2. That was about $180 every 6 months. It didn't take me long to drop them when I learned my insurance lady had "special-use" policies. (Then someone filed a class action suit against Progressive and I got a little money back!)

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Allstate wouldn't touch it. I have Gulfway, about 300/yr, unlimited use, no garaging, agreed value, 100/300/100.

Dodgeman1941

After a month of screwing around, State Farm turned down my buddies M135 because it was an MV and then they wondered why he pulled all of other vehicles from State Farm.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks