• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

State of TN Insurance and Registration.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terry Newton

I checked on some numbers last week b/c I thought someone was going to part with a Deuce at a reasonable price.

That did not work out, so I thought I would share the numbers with everyone for perspective.

The insurance on a deuce through Farm Bureau would have been around $135 every six months if I had no intentions of pulling a trailer on a regular basis. If trailering regularly it would have been around $155 every six months.

The vehicle would have been classified as commercial for internal purposes only. That is how Farm Bureau is classifying all heavier vehicles such as deuces, heavier trucks pulling horse trailers, etc.

Tags in TN are around $28 for a 9,000 lb. vehicle, $41.55 for a 16,000 lb vehicle, $113 for a 20,000 lb. vehicle, and $145 for a 26,000 lb. vehicle.

In Giles County we do not have smog, and all that other stuff, so these are flat yearly rates.

Since the county will sell you whatever you want you could run a 9,000 tag on a deuce, but you are already overweight.

You can run up and down the highway all you want with the 16,000, but that only gives you about 2,500 lbs. of load capacity before you are overweight again.

If you wanted to be strictly legal on a deuce when loaded to capacity you would need to go with the 26,000 lb tag. Most people not doing commercial work, and not acting stupid or unsafe run a 16,000 on tons and such b/c most of the time they are unloaded. If I am destined to own a deuce, this is probably what I will do unless hauling weight all the time.

Hope this helps. Be sure and check your area. Do not rely on my numbers. I have shared this info for discussion purposes only.

Thanks for the great site.

T

MVtrucker

Rated GVW of the M35A2 is less than 26,000, but in NJ I can tag it for a lor more if I wanted to, but didn't. I tagged mine for 14,000 GVW and the neat thing is there's no inspection required for 10.000 lb. - 16,000 lb. GVW.

Jim145

I just got my title mailed from trenton(the truck was from NY) when I looked at it I noticed it was titled for 5000# and 2 axles

I wonder how this could be the old title had all the info as well as the card I filled out.

hey Joe I got a question when you registered your rig for 14k how much was it approx?

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks