• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

STE/ICE display fix

Barrman

I borrowed a STE/ICE from another member and tried it out today. Only 1 of the 4 display windows works. It isn't mine, so if it is broken, it is broken. However, has anybody taken one apart and done something to make the display work again?

Thanks. I like to return stuff in better shape than I got it is why I ask.

lindyp38

if u borrowed it...i would not monkey around with it...its not urs to take apart......just let the person who owns it......know what is going on with the unit......

Barrman

Thanks Jeff. I had the manual open in my hand as I hooked up the unit and started trying to make it work. That is what I get for just reading how to hook it up and turn it on I guess.

Equiland

mkcoen,

I live in Spring Branch also. I would like to talk to you about an electrical problem that I have with my M923. Would it be possible to borrow your ste/ice...or would you be willing to come look at my truck?

Equiland

Barrman

His Spring Branch is the San Antonio version.

Since this thread is alive again. I still haven't opened that silly box up to mess with it since this thread was active. Maybe one of these days.

Gottlos

Former 95B Ft Sam Houston
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Since the thread is still "active". Could someone please tell me what exactly the STE/ICE thing will tell you about your truck? I've seen them on Ebay a few times and wondered if they are worth the investment.

runk

An STE/ICE set can supply most (maybe all) of the diagnostic info called for in the trouble shooting sections of the various vehicle TMs (at least for the pre ~1990 years). They are primitive computers with various sensors - electrical, pressure, etc, and lots of adapters. They provide nothing you can't do with a good multimeter and some pressure gauges (and the right fittings), but are kind of fun to play with in a retro-computer sort of way.

Equiland

I have also heard that the military removes three of the most vital adapters...which makes most of the units worthless. I have only seen one for sale that was complete. Now I wish that I had bought it. I spent most of one day diagnosing a starting problem. I determined that the problem was with the protective control box. Since I have already ordered a replacement, I hope that the diagnosis is correct. The ste/ice set could have saved me a day and probably have given me an accurate diagnosis of what was causing the problem.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks