• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Ste-ice ?

topgun217

My neighbor recently purchased a m1009 that has been converted to all 12 volt. He askedme what the com port under the dash was for and I told him. Then then question was posed: Will the ste-ice work on his now 12 volt truck?

I would guess not due to himonly having (1) alt., (1) battery or am I wrong?

Any thoughts?

Stihl029

The STE-ICE may work in some limited fashion; but it does use 24VDC. He might be able to temporarily rig something; but then it would not really be accurate. It is frowned upon to convert to 12VDC since the only person who might know how the electrical system really works is the person who converted it.

idM1028

:ditto:
However, it is highly advised if converting to 12V to do the Roscommon conversion since it is the most widely known. The STE-ICE is kinda like the predecessor to the OBD-stuff. The truck will run fine without the STE-ICE system. There's a few guys on here that have the system to do a diagnostics test. The reviews I've heard overall are mixed. I've heard some people say the test is great, others not so much.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks