• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

steam cleaning

Skinny

Blast away, and use all the ether you need. . . .
Sometimes I like to use ether to start my diesel...other times I just like to huff it.

Absolutely no issue using ether to start a diesel if you know what you are doing. If you don't...be sure to read all of the applicable placards. You sound like the kind of guy that wears a seat belt because the yellow sticker tells you to and doesn't comprehend the physics behind the reason.

dougco1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
MarcusOReallyus; said:
It ain't that sealed!

If I'm pressure washing in the engine bay, my alternators are getting wrapped in aluminum foil.

I hope you disconnect your batteries first.

MarcusOReallyus

I hope you disconnect your batteries first.
Disconnecting the batteries is a given if washing out the engine bay.

By the way, the reason your post didn't come out correctly is that you deleted the ending QUOTE code. You've got to have the [ / QUOTE ] at the end (minus the spaces, of course) or it doesn't work correctly.

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
DISCLAIMER: All of my posts are based on speculation, internet data, puppy dogs, and double rainbows. At no point should the information I present be taken seriously or as legal advice. Please consult your physician and attorney. Your results may vary.
The best advice he has posted here.

Last edited:

jim9660

Sometimes I like to use ether to start my diesel...other times I just like to huff it.

Absolutely no issue using ether to start a diesel if you know what you are doing. If you don't...be sure to read all of the applicable placards. You sound like the kind of guy that wears a seat belt because the yellow sticker tells you to and doesn't comprehend the physics behind the reason.
On a vehicle with glow plugs, ether and red hot plugs are not a good combination. You need to run fast so the cylinder head doesn't land on your toe if something goes wrong.

Skinny

Notice I said "if you know what you are doing"? ;)

Anything outside the realm of common sense can cause bad stuff to happen. I would say watering your alternators or feeding your glow plugs some ether probably bad ideas.