• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Steam pressure cleaner

FormerNewMVGuy

Well i searched and came up dry...
I put in a silly low bid and won this unit, I have never seen one like it before, and for the price ,i couldnt lose.
So, Has anyone here ever used one of these before?
I'm just looking for some basic Info, what to exspect from it, etc...

Attachments

I had one similar but different, hard to tell (the pics suck). They are awesome for grease cutting, they leave zero residue. There is warm up/cool down time. I think the water consumption is low.
Let us know how it goes.
Oh yeah, the hose gets HOT.

FormerNewMVGuy

They all seem to have low pressure, Thats kinda what i was wondering, if they worked good for degreasing.
I guess the steam makes up for the low pressure.
I'll find out on wednesday when i pick it up....
It says it has 48 hours on it, so hopefully it wont be in to bad of condition.
Paid 191.00 dollars for it. Wish me luck , LOL

Stalwart

I have a different one but it works pretty well. Mine has a problem staying in "steam" mode for any length of time, I think I need to adjust the temperature switch.

Marcel

I have a civilian steam cleaner and it works terrific for cleaning up grunge, oil, grease, salt etc etc etc. My steam cleaner is also able to mix grease cutting and cleaning agents into the stream as well. It is a Hotsy. If this one works as well as mine than it is a great addition.

FormerNewMVGuy

UPDATE...

After much repair, i finally have a working steam cleaner, It seems the army let it freeze up and bust. And of course it was the coil that had two big splits in it.......
So i completly disassembled the unit, My friend builds coils for a living, So he took it to work and cut the two sections out and rebuilt the coil; for me, No charge :D

So the other day i put it all back together, and all i can say is WOW, man does this thing work great!!
I even managed to find a manual for it!
i tried it out on my loader , and it really took all the grease off, even with no solution being used.
Im very happy to have this unit, I have many jobs in mind for it already!
BTW Dr greg is right about the hose, I learned real quick, dont touch the hose rofl

1redgmc

I have a John Deere 3500 PSI steam cleaner and it came with an insulated hose. Yes - it gets hot - but not so hot that you can't handle it. The lance is fully insulated but I learned the hard way to keep my hands on the handles and NEVER touch the metal fittings!

However the thin / sensitive skin on the back of your legs seems to be less tolerant of the heated hose...

What is the PSI rating on yours?

I can tall ya that I paid more in sales tax than you paid for your entire setup. Good deal for you! [thumbzup]

FormerNewMVGuy

I have a John Deere 3500 PSI steam cleaner and it came with an insulated hose. Yes - it gets hot - but not so hot that you can't handle it. The lance is fully insulated but I learned the hard way to keep my hands on the handles and NEVER touch the metal fittings!

However the thin / sensitive skin on the back of your legs seems to be less tolerant of the heated hose...

What is the PSI rating on yours?

I can tall ya that I paid more in sales tax than you paid for your entire setup. Good deal for you! [thumbzup]

I cant tell you the pressure rating, the gauges for the coil inlet pressure and the guage for the coil outlet presssure stay under 125 psi, But it easily has as much power as my 3000 psi cold water pressure washer, I'm guessin steam pressure is different than water pressure. When you start the water going through it doesnt have much pressure on it , But when you fire up the oilburner, as it starts flashing to steam, the pressure really comes up quick, and you better be holding on to the wand real good.... ask me how i know :D

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've got one of those I bought several years ago. My coils had froze and busted also. I painstakingly disassembled them and welded them up.

Mine is a little different than yours. It's got a few small things that need attention. I've tried to get a manual but it is restricted for some reason. I guess they are afraid it would end up in a terrorist hands and they would wash something. :?

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've used steam cleaners before, they are great on equipment and trucks. MAKE SURE you wear eye protection when using it, the pressure is high enough to spray junk back towards you, and oily dirty steam in your eyes sucks. There are guys out there who make a living going around and steam cleaning semi trucks, dozers, aircraft, etc.

Great save!

ryan77

Those things are great we have a old one at work u plug into the wall and fill with diesel and water!!! Great for cleaning 25 years of gunk of engines.

3dAngus

What a fantastic deal. Congratulations. I've always wanted one. Jealous here...

They go for much higher in the local area.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks