• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Stearing Shaft

W.K.Lowe

Ok ive searched this thread and found nothing on hoow to shorten the stearing shaft in a deuce. Now im a bigger person than most and when i set in the deuce my gutt makes it hard to turn the stearing wheel. Ok now no flaiming about needing to loose weight and all that Ive herd it all before. Im 6ft4in and have extra baggage.... but seariously is their a way to take about 8 inches out of the shaft saftly without compramising the strength of the shaft?
Is their a smaller stearing wheel that i can use that would bolt up?
And also planning on redoing the seat also, removing some of the back padding to increase space. Any HELPFUL comments would be apreceated, thanks

Pinz25086

A five tom wheel is slightly smaller. The box seat will give you a little room. It just does not get a whole lot better that it is. I am a big guy as well and feel your pain.

Wayne

broman78

how easy will the 5 ton steering wheel turn the vehicle. I'm 6'2" and too close to 300 lbs but don't have the problems you have. It may be easier to drop the weight that break out the torch.