• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Steel Soldier Recovery, Me!!!

atankersdad

In Memorial
In Memorial
I was part of a recovery yesterday and I was the one who was recovered. I was about 95 miles from home in western Maryland when a brake line blew out on my truck on one of the mountians. I was in the middle of no-where. I made a call to a member who lived about 70 miles away. He dropped what he was doing in Front Royal Virginia, jumped in his truck along with his faithful dog Dixie, came and picked me up and drove me back to my house 2 hours away. By now it was 8 pm . He came in met my family , had some cake and then made the 2 hour and 30 minute ride home. Thank you Daniel for getting me home. My family thanks you. This is a great site that is full of helping, caring and honest people. My wife told me last nite she will never utter a statement like "at this time of nite, why you, or today of all times" when a friend needs something and they need help then, rather than later. I owe you Daniel. You are a fine young man a friend for life....
Dudley

phil2968

A fine example of what makes this a great community of which to be a member! To quote a t.v. ad, " being a member has its rewards". That often talked about members map would come in handy at times like this.

Keep us posted on your truck recovery!

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Heck, if you had called PappaBear and told him you had cake, I bet he would have driven up from NE Georgia to help you!

This site is a great place to make great friends.:wink:

DieselBob

Glad to hear your back safe and sound. I travel through western Maryland regular and some of those hills out there and no brakes would make a interesting ride to say the least.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
if you were in the deuce, you would not had time to have a heart attack till things came to a stop

tm america

glad you made it safely.gotta love big green triple a.nice that we can help eachother out in times of need .now if we could get that member map back up and working .:roll:

atankersdad

In Memorial
In Memorial
glad you made it safely.gotta love big green triple a.nice that we can help eachother out in times of need .now if we could get that member map back up and working .:roll:
Not sure how much help the map would have been since I did not have access to a puter. I do know that reaching out to members in the surrounding states and building friendships sure helps. Two years ago my son was coming back from Redball and broke down north of Philly. A fellow member got him towed for free, over 100 miles to his shop, so we could replace the idler pulley in the car. That member was John Appel. John lives across the border in PA. I would like the map to see who lives where, but I think by reaching out to as many as possible, by helping preview and recover trucks is what builds frindships. Shop days are a great thing for building friendships. I know if John or Daniel needed me, I will drop what I am doing and help them because did the same for me. Great site here with lots of good people. Like they say at the AA meetings, I'll keep coming back, it works!!!

OLDCHEV4X4

I'm glad your ok Dudd's. I havent met a bad Steel Soldier yet. Everyone is willing to help. I know darn well you would have done the same thing for anyone else.

I get distressed motorist calls several times a year. My car trailer and tools are mission ready 24/7.

When we got 20" of snow last week, I got the call to plow out the driveway of a Battle of the Bulge Vet. It was the longest driveway i did all week. "No charge, And I'll be back to clean up after it stops snowing."

stampy

The biggest reason I associate with you fine people is because....you are fine people. In this age where people will lie to you at the drop of a hat, I appreciate the character of those here at this site and their willingness to help in a pinch. I have always done my deals on a handshake and my word. I am almost at the boarder of Va and NC on 85 and us1 in Henderson NC if anyone needs help.:-D

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks