• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Steel Soldiers migration 12/9/19

CMPPhil

Where do you find the setting for display font size, headings ok but actual posting size to small, must be a way to personalize the view settings.
Know that on my regular computer this is easy, but on tablet I'm not finding how to change just one site.

I'm making a list of issues or things that are different, but before I share those want to try the site on for a bit.

Thanks for all the work on the upgrade.

Cheers Phil

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
That would be a setting of your browser. Most tablets have a pinch/stretch that will "zoom" in a page.

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thank you. We are ready with our pencils to take any complaints north of the 49th and ensure a quick and corrective response.

Font size great, attaching a picture of pencils for a test. From here it appears things launched with few misfires. I don't like change but I'll get over it. Thanks again for all the effort to save our old data and keep things going.

Attachments

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I need to be more patient with the post button. It didn't seem to go so I hit post again. At least I was able to edit the pencil post and show our preparation for challenges.

Attachments

CMPPhil

The issue is that text of your response is very small, while all my other web sites are larger and more readable.

Problem with pinch/stretch looses half the post off the screen pretty quick.

I'll do some playing around on my regular computer where it is easier to do screen grabs to illustrate the issue.

Thanks for the quick response.

Cheers Phil

Sgt Jiggins

Potato Peeler
Steel Soldiers Supporter
At least for me, when I click on the "Rules" and "Classifieds" tabs at the top, it says "Oops! We ran into some problems." - almost like I'm not logged on. Dunno?

Otherwise, looking good, thanks!!

Redpawn

I tried to add picture to a for sale post I have and it say's I have insufficient privileges to post but my premium membership is good till February 2020.

rickf

And another site takes the plunge! One of my motorcycle sites just went to what looks like this same setup. They have lost half their people due to the change being so drastic and the loss of a lot of the old services. I hope that does not happen here. I don't really like the new look but since I am not one of the "regulars" I kind of don't count.

jpinreno

The classifieds are showing "oops" for me. I assume they are still being imported? Thanks! Nice clean layout. I'm a newbie but have found this forum a tremendous resource.

jpinreno

Looks like the link on the master forum list for classified threads is working fine, so disregard, but the top menu link to classifieds does not link to the forum. I've got a workaround for now!

Farmitall

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Complete honesty here....not a fan of the new format. This has happened on three other sites I frequent and not at all happy with it.

Also, What happened to the "stickies" at the top of each forum?

EDIT: Disregard , Found the "pinned" posts.

Last edited:

Daybreak

2 Star Admiral
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Highlight color for quick links? Say to another post or other website. Before it could be identified by being yellow gold in color.

Can it be set as a forum standard, or needs to be done at the user posting level.

Otherwise its looking good so far.

Good job, thank you for the work involved.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I tried to add picture to a for sale post I have and it say's I have insufficient privileges to post but my premium membership is good till February 2020.
Looks like everything is right. I'm going to have to research this deeper.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks