• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Steel Soldiers migration 12/9/19

Action

When I visit the HMMWV forum, all of the thread titles are BOLD. After I read it, it is still bold. I can't tell which threads I have read and which ones I haven't. Unless I am missing something.
And the first several posts in that forum haven't been used in years. Are those supposed to be the stickies? They are just in line with the rest.

Edit: Ok. I see the little thumbtacks for the stickies. But the BOLD things was my main issue.
And, on the main list of forums, every category has an icon of an HMMWV slantback next to it. Is that different for each user? I would think there would be a deuce next to the deuce category, not an HMMWV.

Last edited:

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
When I visit the HMMWV forum, all of the thread titles are BOLD. After I read it, it is still bold. I can't tell which threads I have read and which ones I haven't. Unless I am missing something.
And the first several posts in that forum haven't been used in years. Are those supposed to be the stickies? They are just in line with the rest.

Edit: Ok. I see the little thumbtacks for the stickies. But the BOLD things was my main issue.
And, on the main list of forums, every category has an icon of an HMMWV slantback next to it. Is that different for each user? I would think there would be a deuce next to the deuce category, not an HMMWV.
Not seeing anything remaining bold here. What browser are you using?

HMMWV's are used on all forums. If I can find suitable images for other variants, we'll change to those later on.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I think there was also a limitation on image upload size. That has been moved up to allow larger files.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a CD that has other than HMMWV files. Maybe I could burn a copy and send it to someone so all of the threads don't show M998....or their variant for the specific vehicle threads.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Guess i only have a 36 beer limit...if that is what the cup or trophy thing means :ROFLMAO:

dmetalmiki

Few oppps!(Iz).. colours have come up even better on my set up. (Deep grey brown background, Reddish brown and dessert. Real easy on the eyes and easy to read.
Attachments/Pictures, Quicker and Easy to complete.
Thank you For all the excellent work on the site on Everyone's behalf and benefit.
Spell check works 100%.
I will keep testing and reporting. But, So far so good.
Editing?,
Edit Works Fine.
When the wrecker is finally and completely finished from the "Incident!".. ,I Might try posting, ( it ( The M62 Wrecker)), in the Steel Soldier vehicle of the month. Forum to test that.

Attachments

Last edited:

dmetalmiki

The Only thing I have not found (And I liked), Was the the "Thank You" button on the old post pages.
Am I not seeing a function that is there?:mad:

Action

Not seeing anything remaining bold here. What browser are you using?

HMMWV's are used on all forums. If I can find suitable images for other variants, we'll change to those later on.
Microsoft Edge in Windows.
"bold" may not be correct. The post titles are bigger white letters. The issue I have is that the title font is the same on post I have read vs posts that have new responses. On the last site, updated post titles were bold and older ones were not bold. Now all post titles lare the same font, whether it is read or not.

Chainbreaker

When I go to the Generators forum the "Sticky's" are just stacked on top of the most recent threads. Seems like the Sticky's need to be roped off with a border or something so it is set apart from current threads.

I'm guessing we lost our Rank in favor of Trophies?

Other than that, it looks pretty clean & seems easier on they eyes (perhaps its the background color). New format & style will take some getting used to but I will reserve judgement until after I have used it a week or so. So far so good though.

Last edited:

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Maybe it's operator error on my part, but for the life of me I can't find the search.
A member has PMed me about some info I had in a old thread. I was wanting to find that thread and provide him a link, but can't figure out how to search.

Farmitall

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Maybe it's operator error on my part, but for the life of me I can't find the search.
A member has PMed me about some info I had in a old thread. I was wanting to find that thread and provide him a link, but can't figure out how to search.
The magnifying glass, top right of screen.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
The import didn't process the permissions correctly. Even re-importing them. So I've gone through manually and updated them. If you're not able to post to a certain forum, or if you're staff and can't access the moderation tools, please let me know.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks