• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Steel Soldiers migration 12/9/19

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Yes, the ad at the bottom is one large ad instead of two smaller banners. Advertisement help keep the site going due to costs.

kubotaman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
On the old site under a profile you could view threads started by that member. Any such feature on the new format?

Awol

Interesting

I have NEVER seen these ads until a couple days ago and certainly not so big.

Example attached.
Yeah. I run adblock on everything now because most forums I'm on have switched to this new layout.

Unfortunately, this site likes to tell me to turn adblock off with an annoying popup everytime I open a thread.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Yeah. I run adblock on everything now because most forums I'm on have switched to this new layout.

Unfortunately, this site likes to tell me to turn adblock off with an annoying popup everytime I open a thread.
You don't have to turn it off. It will just ask you every 4th page display. I might bump that out to 5 though. The adblocker notice doesn't appear to premium users though. We're actually having a membership discount right now.

Edit: bumped the adblocker to 5 page views.

flydude92

I noticed a "block popup" option on Firefox that wasn't checked. Since I checked it I haven't had any pop ups and
no warning messages.

Please don't tell patracy cause he might change something. 😁

Although the membership discount does look like a good deal. I may do that.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Just to clarify, popup blockers, that is absolutely fine. A pop up is a new window, which shouldn't come from the site. The item in question is ad blockers. They strip advertising from being displayed in your browser. That's what needs to be turned off to prevent the notice from displaying.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

flydude92

Just to clarify, popup blockers, that is absolutely fine. A pop up is a new window, which shouldn't come from the site. The item in question is ad blockers. They strip advertising from being displayed in your browser. That's what needs to be turned off to prevent the notice from displaying.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I knew that :)

Although I'm not using an ad blocker (that I know of)

Bill Nutting

Steel Soldiers Supporter
At first I wasn’t sure if I liked the upgrade. Now that I have used it a bit, I like it! I think all of the members should appreciate the time and effort it takes to maintain a site like this. This has to be one of the best subject specific sites on the net. Not only because it is well maintained and monitored but also because of the level of member participation found here. It’s just one more reason this is the best hobby EVER!
Thanks for all the hard work...

Tracer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Heck and I was waiting for the pop up with those fancy shoes Dog Head purchased. Like to get a pair myself.👞

Action

How do I get the correct time to show for all posts? I read one that was posted "9 minutes ago". I went back later and the time shown is 19 hours behind what was 9 minutes prior to me reading it the first time. So actual time here was 9:09pm. Time on post is 2:09am, same day.

Also, are we able to search in specific forums, such as HMMWV only in classified section? Advenced search only lets me enter date and user.

I tried to search for answers to both of these topics with no luck...

EDIT...This post is showing "TODAY AT 3:30 AM". I typed this yesterday at 10:30 pm. So showing 5 hours into future?

Thank you,
JJ

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks