• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Steel Soldiers migration 12/9/19

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Are the classifieds going to return to no replies to the post like it was before the so called upgrade ?
Let me look at that again. There was an issue where people couldn't bump their own thread to keep it active. I might have to redo how that works completely.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Why is my watched threads list growing bigger and bigger when I have not been looking at anything other than the one thread I always look at? Even when I am not on I gain several watched threads. I unwatched dozens of them and now I have even more than I had before and I haven't been looking at anything.
So, your watched threads work a little differently on this software. When you view a thread, it tags it as watched, that adds a weight to it when using the what's new search. Or are you getting email notices on them?

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Let me look at that again. There was an issue where people couldn't bump their own thread to keep it active. I might have to redo how that works completely.
Ok, figured out the issue, by allowing the the premium membership to reply to their threads they start, that also grants those people the ability to reply to other people's threads in the classified section. I'm looking at a add on that will correct this. However, I have to put the site in development mode to do that. I'll be working on this later on this week when I can get on the site with a lower traffic time.

rickf

So, your watched threads work a little differently on this software. When you view a thread, it tags it as watched, that adds a weight to it when using the what's new search. Or are you getting email notices on them?
No e-mail notices, but when I visit the weather thread as I always do I notice that it goes from 55 watched threads to 58, 60, 63.................. Even though I have not been on any other threads and I even unwactched a whole group of them from many years ago.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Ok, figured out the issue, by allowing the the premium membership to reply to their threads they start, that also grants those people the ability to reply to other people's threads in the classified section. I'm looking at a add on that will correct this. However, I have to put the site in development mode to do that. I'll be working on this later on this week when I can get on the site with a lower traffic time.
@porkysplace I've got the add on installed to restrict the for sale side of things to OP only now.

Valence

Steel Soldiers Supporter

IMO, it would be much better when folks put URLs in a post if the default for the created URL tag "unfurl" would actually be "false" instead of "true". It is much cleaner, and easier to read, just seeing the clickable URL than a big blocky webpage preview in the middle of the text.

Example:
https://armysurpluswarehouse.com/

vs
Code:
[URL unfurl="false"]https://armysurpluswarehouse.com/[/URL]

vs

[URL unfurl="true"]https://armysurpluswarehouse.com/[/URL]

Or make it a user profile setting that I could set so my default is "false" (because I have to either manually type the encoding the way I want it, or edit every post after I've posted it to change "unfurl" from true to false because the tags are added afterwards)

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks