• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Steel Soldiers MV of the month 2016 - February VOTE HERE

Please vote for MV of the month.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Please vote here for your favorite MV of the month. And contestants, please feel free to "campaign" for votes here as well! Let's have at it!

Please campaign only in the thread, not PMing people.

1. MyothersanM1
MyothersanM1.jpg

2. LOBO
LOBO.jpg

3. Gunner USN
Gunner USN.jpg

4. bikeman
bikeman.jpg

5. Super Warrantman
Super Warrantman.jpg

6. jasonjc
jasonjc.jpg

7. german m1008
german m1008.jpg

8. big1096
big1096.jpg

9. Super76
Super76.jpg

10. sandcobra164
sandcobra164.jpg

11. Ms Nats
Ms Nats.jpg

12. DJones
DJones.jpg

13. bigmike
bigmike.jpg

14. quarkz
quarkz.jpg

15. longshot2171
longshot2171.jpg

16. 63foxtrot
63foxtrot.jpg

17. Westech
Westech.jpg

18. leo4x4
leo4x4.jpg

19. Postman515
Postman515.jpg

german m1008

Steel Soldiers Supporter
This M1008 has done his service at the NG/33rd Infantry Brigade/1st Battalion,131ST Infantry and ended up in the 106CAV (like the bumpernumbers showing, they're original) in Illinois from 1986 to 2004
report.jpg

Who was the owner after the NG I do not know, maybe an Steelsoldier....

x1.jpg

He stood 2 years at a truckdealer in Plattsmouth/Nebraska.....
Then came the crazy German guy and take him to Germany...
Now the retired iron horse lives his second life in germany.

image2.jpg.......................
This is my daylidriver for about 2 years, no trailerqueen.
It has never (till now, knock on wood...lol) left me in the wilderness.[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
Only normal maintenance work be done.[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
Just what is defective or what announces itself will be repaired. Let me say, for an 30 years old vehicle it is not that much.[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
The only two things i've changed are 33er tires and a 2" lift ( Blocks in the rear, adding 1 leaf in the front ).[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
No modifications planed.[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
Drive it...
Maintain it...
Have fun with it....
No FM needed, the band " 6.2 Detroit Diesel " plays always the same song,[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
and I have a smile in the face every day again.[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

I appreciate every vote.[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
Thank you for your time and attention.

Feel free to vote for the " german m1008 "

Attachments

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
I voted for Sandcobra as I've seen the truck in action in parades and what it means to his family. PLUS...it's a super nice truck!:beer:

longshot2171

Last edited:

quarkz

Supreme Galactic Cleric
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here are some of the progression pictures on my M813A1.

You may remember the story of her recovery. 5 Ton Woe's or So-what-is-more-fun-recovering-a-5-ton-or-two-2-5-tons?

I "won" her on GL from Ft. Hill.

When the shipper fell through multiple times I had her towed off base to Ogden, where I rebuilt the brake system, MC, Air-Pack & a couple of wheel cylinders in the parking lot of Boyce Equipment.

Then I decided to drive her 600 miles home in the snow. But only made it to Burley, ID, where the fan blade pulley leaned into the radiator making it hemorrhage onto the pavement.
img_0945_196.jpgimg_0941_108.jpg
Since this wasn't going to be a road side fix, she hitched a trailer ride the rest of the way home.
813a1_new.jpg
But now she is a pretty thing.
5T_1.jpgIMG_1458.jpgIMG_2151.jpg
Even tows my boat.
IMG00278.jpgIMG_2296.jpg

Last edited:

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
No campaigning for 3 days eh? Come on y'all...look over the nominations and vote for your favorite. If you have trouble deciding...vote for Sandcobra!!:papabear:

sandcobra164

Now that I'm home from training with the National Guard, it's time to Campaign. I've only had this truck since October but it's what I really wanted for quite some time. It made it's first 180 mile trip to the GA Military Vehicle Rally this last go around days after I brought it home. It then made the annual Leesburg Spirit of Christmas Parade and shortly after, I swapped the wheels and tires for some 14R20's thanks to member CGarbee. Even trade, I just had to drive the 650 miles to North Carolina along with member Atomic! I'll soon have it dusted at local member Welder1's shop and will have it looking nicer than a new penny! It's been quite a journey from M35A2 to M923 owner status. For those who like pictures, I'll include photos of both along with May 2015's MV of the Month, Sarge!!! I've been here a while and had alot of fun with these trucks. My greatest satisfaction through all of this is the time I get to spend with my Family at Rallies and Parades. Both the Family I have through Marriage and the Family I have through the SS Brotherhood that exists right here!

Attachments

zout

Spring is breaking out & people working on vehicles instead of voting.
take a second to check out the great vehivle lineup - pick one and vote.

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
To appease PB

My Indian 741B, serial #3218, returned from NZ. It was civilianized and subsequently left un-cared for. I saved it and restored it to Mil. Spec.finished bike front right [1024x768].jpgfinished bike left front [1024x768].jpgDSC01600 [1024x768].jpgDSC01595 [1024x768].jpgindian motorcycle.jpg

sandcobra164

Note to all, include pictures of your kids with your trucks!! Sure seems to be helping my chances as there are some very nice vehicles in the running this month. If that's what it takes to get the votes, please enjoy!!! My kids will likely grow into owning some of this stuff. At least I can show them that they got it honest!!!

Attachments

sandcobra164

One other reason to vote for my truck. If you notice, Papabear and Wreckerman893 both voted for it and they never agree on anything. It's just that nice a truck!!!

sandcobra164

An extra reason to vote for the 5 ton. It can easily hold about 20 of those Indian Motorcycles in the bed. The bike in the lead has lived around the world but has it ever been assigned to 4th RTB? That's the Ranger Training Battalion and that's where General Non-Sense cut his teeth and spent most of his time. Time to Ranger Up! Vote for a truck who has carried many tryouts and members of the US Army Rangers! Not all made it but I'm sure the ones who did prayed for a ride home in the M923! Not any M923, They rode home in My Truck, General Non-Sense and I have the paperwork and bumper numbers to prove it!

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
I don't want to get an infraction for making something too political, but whatever happened to campaigning for your candidate?

I think we should make that an obligatory thing;
:rules:
every candidate submitter must give at least two "post" in the "vote" thread. Once immediately when the thread is opened to explain why that MV is there at all, :goodjob: and once as reply or further campaigning later on but well before voting closes.
:nothingfunny:

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Only two (2) days left folks!! As you can see a few members have started campaigning and showing more pics and telling a little about their "pride and joy".

There are some SUPER nice nominations this month!

Jump in here and vote for your favorite!:papabear: