• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Steel Soldiers MV of the month 2016 - January VOTE HERE

Please vote for MV of the month.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Please vote here for your favorite MV of the month. And contestants, please feel free to "campaign" for votes here as well! Let's have at it!

Please campaign only in the thread, not PMing people.

1. sandcobra164
sandcobra164.jpg

2. CUCVLOVER
CUCVLOVER.jpg

3. jasonjc
jasonjc.jpg

4. big1096
big1096.jpg

5. papabear
papabear.jpg

6. Gunner USN
Gunner USN.jpg

7. theDIZ
theDIZ.jpg

8. jcappeljr
jcappeljr.jpg

9. General Mcgregor
General Mcgregor.jpg

10. 00888
00888.jpg

11. whistlepig
whistlepig.jpg

12. The Stig
The Stig.jpg

13. gottaluvit
gottaluvit.jpg

14. M35A2-AZ
M35A2-AZ.jpg

15. Tow4
Tow4.jpg

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Well there was no poll now there is it must be me.
Making a poll is cumbersome at best with the software. You start the thread, then submit it, then you fill out the form for the poll. Takes a minute to enter in all the fields, so this has happened before. You guys are just eager to vote right? :mrgreen:

Hey everyone, I know my truck isn't the best or the most original but here's a little of the story, I bought this truck on December 13th 2015 so I could drive in the spring while I took my M109a3 apart and paint it. Once I got the truck
12391202_1026432430728273_5448859352385069009_n.jpg
I got to looking it over and seen that it really was extremely nice and very clean. I then decided to restore it to the best of my abilities. I started pulling parts, sandblasting and painting. I started to buy the few things missing and a few more that I just wanted.
ss 20151213_200721.jpgss 20151213_200744.jpgss 20151222_075443.jpg
Ok, You get the point, If it wasn't there I bought it. Now I had all the parts and the smaller items were all painted and looking pretty good so because the weather was still in my favor I decided to give the painting a go. I put the tent up and sanded the exterior of the truck and the door jams. I'm saving the interior for summer time after the M109a3 is done.
ss2 20151225_123513.jpgss2 20151226_115153.jpgss2 20151226_132131.jpgss2 20151226_144815.jpgss2 20151227_105846.jpg
The primer and the green were both done on December 26th and the brown, black and most of the reassembly were done on the 27th. It took a total of 2 days for the actual work but due to the heavy rain on the 27th it took all day for the 2 colors. I didn't finish the installation of the extras till it was almost dark on Sunday! I did get to take a few photos before the sun went down but it was before I had all the stuff installed.
20151227_151040 002.jpg20151227_151050 002.jpg20151227_151102 002.jpg20151227_151111 002.jpg
Now that the exterior was done, I started on the interior (not painting) but the weather has taken a turn for the worst and it has brought me to a crawl. Here are a few pics of what has been done over the last couple weeks.
ss3 010816 20160108_195543.jpgss3 20151220_202819.jpgss3 20160101_162124.jpgss3 20160103_082039.jpgss 001.jpgss 002.jpgss 003.jpg
While I had the dash and gauge cluster out I cleaned all the frame work behind, checked all the wires and changed all the lights. I still have to put a new socket in the voltage gauge but everything else is good. I still have miles left to go on this truck but it is such a nice truck and represents our Military so I have to make it as nice as I can.
I am now getting it ready for a big indoor car show in March so over the next 9 weeks she'll be getting a new windshield, seals, the steering column cleaned and painted plus a new shifter and turn signal lever. I'm also installing 2 new 6TL Interstate batteries plus door panels and JATonkas seat covers for now. I am having the embroidery shop embroider our group name into the headrests.

Thanks for taking the time to look and read. I couldn't tell you how much fun this has been and still is. As with my M109a3 the project just never ends even if you think you have it all their will always be that one more thing!!!

Last edited:

CUCVLOVER

Hey guys.
As you all know the green machine is my baby and I will drive this truck until I get fitted for a pine box.
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?145931-Cucvlover-s-m1008-the-green-machine
Here is my thread in the truck and I will update it with some resent stuff.

Also my birthday is January 30th. So a great birthday gift would be for the green machine on the homepage as truck of the month.

Thanks everyone

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
What happened to the cannon? Did I miss something?
There's a few things about it. The poll is supposed to be MV of the month. (The trailers are allowed, but a bit of a stretch, that's only my personal opinion) GUNNUT mentioned he didn't know if it fit here as well. So I left it out.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
There's a few things about it. The poll is supposed to be MV of the month. (The trailers are allowed, but a bit of a stretch, that's only my personal opinion) GUNNUT mentioned he didn't know if it fit here as well. So I left it out.
This is my fault and I accept full responsibility for the confusion.

I also offer my sincere apology to GUNNUT as he DID ask if the cannon was allowed and I accepted it without checking with higher which I should have done.

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hello, I picked up this 1969 M35A2 and did a frame up restore back to its 1969 colors as close to stock as I could. It took about 18 months to complete. It was a love/hate thing for sure, but a labor of love.

Attachments

Last edited:

sandcobra164

Many on here know I'm a big supporter of getting my kids involved with all of my Military Vehicle endeavors. I've only had this truck since October but it's already participated in a GA Rally at Durhamtown as well as been led in a Christmas Parade by the MV of the Year from 2014!!! My oldest son Joey helped me install the 14R20's that I picked up from member CGarbee!!! That was a fun road trip to North Carolina for what I considered as a deal of a lifetime!!! Please share in my enjoyment and vote for General Non-Sense!!!

Attachments

whistlepig

Thought I should post a small spec list of my truck. Ford 300 straight 6 engine ,np435 transmission,np205 transfercase,dana 44 front axle,dana 60 rear axle,hmmwv top,doors,windshield frame, hood,wheels and tires and a few other misc. hmmwv parts. The rest of the body was scratch built out of cold rolled sheet steel and steel tubing . paint is Behr house paint mixed to federal code and pattern is regulation GI. 001.jpg003.JPG005.jpg 003.jpg001.JPGSo ,If you like M37 ,M715 style straight axle leaf spring suspension combined with Humvee looks please vote for my truck. It's an honor just to be allowed entry ,Thanks,Whistlepig

A bit about mine.
1972 M35A2C
Bought it about six years ago, my first MV and my addiction.
Since I bought her I have installed a rebuilt trans and a NOS Continental Multifuel.
I just finished with the Behr paint job this past summer, also installed NOS fenders.
Has Fiberglass seats/sideboards, 3 piece vinyl cargo cover, rifle racks, cab heater, APC dome lamp, convoy lights and M66 ring turrett.
Will be installing g177 11.00 tires soon.
Lot's of extra custom mods including automatic reverse lights/alarm, stereo system, PA/siren, cab spotlight, grover air horn and custom lightbar.

Vote General Mcgregor!!

Attachments

Gunner USN

CUCV II type A 3/4 ton

As some know, I picked this up from Evil Dr Porkchop. That was almost a year ago (2015 Feb 13). Since having it, I have replaced the Tires, Battery, Starter and upgraded the stereo to one with Bluetooth. It is not a daily driver, but can easily be one. Have put a little over 5000 miles on it, 8 shows (to include Iola) and 3 convoys.

Attachments

Last edited:

gottaluvit

I've gotta say it was a rough time getting this combination to where I took the picture. The M332 trailer was a bit of resistance. I knew not to touch the parking brake until getting it to where it will rest for the winter. Well, once it got to it's hibernation location, I did in fact set the brakes. Oops. The left brake would not release completely and would grab spurratically, making it somewhat of a challenge pulling both trailers. However, the 6.2 seemed to like a good carbon cleaning and did as instructed. Gottaluv a CUCV!

Foxtrot Oscar

So I'm voting for jasonjc's Trailer Kitchen. It's pretty quirky and he seems to totally use it to full capability. It also looks great in tandem with his truck. I hope it wins so as to encourage other Trailed Vehicular Units to enter in future months.
Thanks for entering it.

CUCVLOVER

Hey guys and gals its 6 days to my birthday so y'all need to step up and vote for the green machine. I just got it back in the road with a freshly rebuilt injection pump and its running like Remington type writer.

Also thank you for the votes I've gotten and for those I will hopefully get.

jasonjc

So I'm voting for jasonjc's Trailer Kitchen. It's pretty quirky and he seems to totally use it to full capability. It also looks great in tandem with his truck. I hope it wins so as to encourage other Trailed Vehicular Units to enter in future months.
Thanks for entering it.

Thanks for the vote and more importantly thanks for the good words.:beer:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks