• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Steel Soldiers MV of the month 2016 - July VOTE HERE!

Please vote for MV of the month.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Please vote here for your favorite MV of the month. And contestants, please feel free to "campaign" for votes here as well! Let's have at it!

Please campaign only in the thread, not PMing people.

1. sandcobra164
sandcobra164.jpg

2. Jeb Stewart IV
Jeb Stewart IV.jpg

3. BenRoberts
BenRoberts.jpg

4. tankdriver
tankdriver.jpg

5. longshot2171
longshot2171.jpg

6. drivebymashing
drivebymashing.jpg

7. tucker79
tucker79.jpg

8. MyothersanM1
MyothersanM1.jpg

9. Kaiser67M715
Kaiser67M715.jpg

10. Tracer
Tracer.jpg

11. DJones
DJones.jpg

12. Piper Cub
Piper Cub.jpg

13. bigmike
bigmike.jpg

14. airbornebandsman
airbornebandsman.jpg

Jump on the "Band Wagon"

After a marathon trip from TX thru MI into IL in 2014, my 7 year daughter and I took the M915A1 and M872A1 to pick up my newly acquired M813A1 in IL. A day in and we started running into lots of snow and ice. So an easy 4-5 day trip to get a possibly running truck turned into a 7 day marathon of snow, ice and beyond freezing weather.

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?116606-San-Antonio-TX-to-Forrest-IL-on-01JAN2014/page5

Got her home, replaced a brake line and part of the exhaust piping that had rusted out and she fired up with no issues. Since then we have taken her to airshows, parades and car shows. Even made it onto the local news a couple of times.

So jump on the "Band Wagon" and vote for my truck.

Attachments

Last edited:

Kaiser67M715

Vote Kaiser67M715,

1952 Studebaker with the Reo OA-331 gas engine. She's about to make her first big trip to the Weare NH show. Taken some time to get her to this stage, and she has a ways to go yet before she's completely done up nice, but better late then never I suppose.

M35 and tornado cloud 013.jpgm35 002.jpgm35 001.jpg

Attachments

tankdriver

My WC63

My Dad, who was my best friend, was in WW2. He was in the Dixie Division. And one of the strongest memories I have as a kid, besides Church with him and Mom, is setting around on Saturdays watching all the old WW2 movies, and programs, Combat, 12 O’clock High, The Rat Patrol, Silent Service…… And him talking about the war, and telling me to love God, and love this Nation, and to honor the Flag, and the Veterans. And I do.

The Club, that I am President of takes old Military Vehicles and restores them, back to the way they were when in Military use. Then we take them to the Veterans, and others to see. It is a lot of work, but it is worth it, seeing their faces, and them telling me, “I drove one just like that”. I do it to honor, my Dad, and all Veterans who have served this country, in any manner.

The WC63 is marked as a vehicle in the 701st TDs. One of the clubs members Dad was in it, and fought at the Kasserine Pass. He was captured and escaped, and fought in Sicily , Italy, and France. He won a Sliver Star for Valor in Italy. We have 3 different anti-tank cannons, a 37mm a 57mm and a 3", so we marked up everything as his unit..

Check out the Club website link it shows members equipment, and other events..
https://wtmvc.shutterfly.com/

Here is some photos from some events my WC has been in......

Collierville TN Military Charity Golf Tournament
IMG_1170.jpg

IMG_1168.jpg

Collierville TN Veterans Day
collierville vet day.jpg

MS Chickasaw Boy Scout Camp-O-Ree Gave rides for 5 hrs, went through 25 gallons of fuel
boy scout.jpg

Little Rock MacArthur Museum
macarthure.jpg

Linden TN full of WW2 Vets
linden 1.jpg

Linden TN giving rides for 3 hrs, used 15 gallons of fuel..
linden 2.jpg

Linden TN giving a special little girl a ride...
linden 3.jpg

Halls TN Largest B17 Training Base in early WW2
IMG_0985.jpg

Lakeland TN Car show, Raising funds for young girl with cancer..
IMG_2805.jpg

TNriverjet

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The WC63 got my vote, not only is it an OLD MV from our past but is it also NICELY restored to represent for years to come.:beer:
Yes! I agree, and changed my vote after reading the story. I like the documentation of how tankdriver uses it to further the hobby and serve those who served us! It also helped that he calls Tennessee home.

longshot2171

DSC_0364.jpgIMG_20160703_103422.jpgIMG_20160703_103311.jpgimage.jpegimage.jpgimage.jpegimage.jpg Here she is in all her glory...1963 m37b1. I have been the proud owner since spring 2006. Currently setup and dated for 1966-1968 Vietnam duty...with the exception of the 11x16 Michelins. We get a good reception from the Veterans at the shows and have been the vehicle of choice for the Grand Marshalls the last few Armed Forces Appreciation Parades.

Kaiser67M715

If I wasn't in the running I would have voted for tankdriver and the WC63.

So if you don't vote Kaiser67M715, Vote tankdriver.

a few more pics of mine

birds and m35 hay run 024.jpgbirds and m35 hay run 026.jpgbirds and m35 hay run 027.jpg
sunshine and M35 016.jpgsunshine and M35 014.jpgsunshine and M35 013.jpgsunshine and M35 011.jpg

Piper Cub

Meet Kilroy, the '83 AM General M925 5 ton that has adopted me. He isn't nearly as fancy as other trucks but is still just as capable!

He effortlessly climbs mounds that regularly gets pickups stuck on them:
kilroy hill side.jpgkilroy hill.jpg20160705_194428.jpg20160705_194451.jpg

He proudly flies the flag when out and about (and will be getting a more permanent mount for it soon):
20160530_122347.jpg

He braves the unpredictable desert weather:
20150507_182809.jpg

Including twisters full of sheet metal making nearly a direct hit and leaving only a scratch:
20160630_102321.jpg

He even helps with chores like airing up tires:
20150301_103411.jpg

And compacting gravel:
20141013_105522.jpg

But most importantly, he has a winch perfect for front row seating!
20160317_173026.jpg

Vote for Kilroy and I promise you will receive............a line on your screen that says you have voted in this poll!

sandcobra164

My Dad, who was my best friend, was in WW2. He was in the Dixie Division. And one of the strongest memories I have as a kid, besides Church with him and Mom, is setting around on Saturdays watching all the old WW2 movies, and programs, Combat, 12 O’clock High, The Rat Patrol, Silent Service…… And him talking about the war, and telling me to love God, and love this Nation, and to honor the Flag, and the Veterans. And I do.

The Club, that I am President of takes old Military Vehicles and restores them, back to the way they were when in Military use. Then we take them to the Veterans, and others to see. It is a lot of work, but it is worth it, seeing their faces, and them telling me, “I drove one just like that”. I do it to honor, my Dad, and all Veterans who have served this country, in any manner.

The WC63 is marked as a vehicle in the 701st TDs. One of the clubs members Dad was in it, and fought at the Kasserine Pass. He was captured and escaped, and fought in Sicily , Italy, and France. He won a Sliver Star for Valor in Italy. We have 3 different anti-tank cannons, a 37mm a 57mm and a 3", so we marked up everything as his unit..

Check out the Club website link it shows members equipment, and other events..
https://wtmvc.shutterfly.com/

Here is some photos from some events my WC has been in......

View attachment 633859

View attachment 633868

Collierville TN Veterans Day
View attachment 633869

MS Chickasaw Boy Scout Camp-O-Ree Gave rides for 5 hrs, went through 25 gallons of fuel
View attachment 633870

Little Rock MacArthur Museum
View attachment 633871

Linden TN full of WW2 Vets
View attachment 633872

Linden TN giving rides for 3 hrs, used 15 gallons of fuel..
View attachment 633873

Linden TN giving a special little girl a ride...
View attachment 633874

Halls TN Largest B17 Training Base in early WW2
View attachment 633875

Lakeland TN Car show, Raising funds for young girl with cancer..
View attachment 633882
I got nothing!!! I voted for Tankdriver as that vehicle is in an entirely different class and level of involvement. Mine is certainly nice and a non-restored workhorse but the story alone is worthy of support. That is what go me a win last year with Sarge and why I would ask anyone to vote for Tankdriver this month.

Joseph

MVRedneck

Tankdriver gets my vote, my grandad was proud fighting thunderbird; beautiful rig, excellent back story and continued service

Last edited:

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
July 31, 14:50 Central European Time, 8:53 EDT. I opened the thread, saw I could vote now, read the posts of the thread, went back to the first page to vote: .... this pole is closed #$#$%#@@#. Another vote for Tankdriver would not have made much difference, but WTH, what time does this pole closes?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks