• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Steel Soldiers MV of the month 2016 - November VOTE HERE!

Please vote for MV of the month.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
All joshing aside, I've driven and owned a number of MVs starting fresh out of Benning getting licensed on the M151, M35, and M113. I helped transition our Motorized TOW Company from the 151 to the HMMWV and spent 18 months as the Company Commander's driver in that. After Active Duty I switched to Armor and drove all the M60 series tanks except the A2 then the M1IP. As a civilian I've owned a M37 (still have), about 1/2 dozen M35A2s (still have one), multiple CUCVs, a handful of MKTs (didn't drive any of them though), a M923A2, M561 Gama Goat, and the M1078. Other than the tracks (which are just a kick in the pants to drive, especially putting out brush fires in the desert with a 113 by doing donuts on top of the fire or hauling butt in a M1) the LMTV has been the most fun vehicle to drive. It was getting to the point where I wasn't able to drive the deuce much any more and the M1078 gives me the benefit of being able to stay active in the hobby with an automatic, power steering, and air conditioning. It also has the benefit of allowing many friends (NDT, TexAndy, Keith_J, M813rc, Tornadogt,and others) the pleasure, occasionally sitting along side the road, of getting to work on such an interestingly engineered vehicle. I'm sure their lives have been greatly enriched by me getting this truck. So in the spirit of giving back to them I nominated the truck for MV of the Month.

Last edited:

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
OK y'all while you are waiting for the food to be ready why don't you take a look at all the exceptional nominations this month and vote for one?

If you have trouble deciding, vote for mkcoen.:beer:

CUCVLOVER

A vote for my truck is not just for me. It's also for my girlfriend, she loves riding in the truck. Going mudding and off road, burning down the blacktop winding it out. So I would earn some brownie points if my truck won. It would make her happy. Come on guys think about the joyful beautiful face of cucvlovers girlfriend (who yall have never seen but does exist in real life) when the truck wins

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Okay guys, listen up. This is a tight one. Fredo has us beat with usernames starting with numbers and the letter F. We've got him with the M's and the T's. Your mission is to go out and find members that start with a number or an F and get them to vote for the LMTV! Only a little over 3 days of voting left so MAKE IT HAPPEN!