• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Steel Soldiers MV of the month 2016 - September VOTE HERE!

Please vote for MV of the month.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Please vote here for your favorite MV of the month. And contestants, please feel free to "campaign" for votes here as well! Let's have at it!

Please campaign only in the thread, not PMing people.

1. Gunzy
Gunzy.jpg

2. Cape Coastie
Cape Coastie.jpg

3. simp5782
simp5782.jpg

4. ColonelSanders
ColonelSanders.jpg

5. VRShack
VRShack.jpg

6. Tracer
Tracer.jpg

7. twisted60
twisted60.jpg

8. MarkM
MarkM.jpg

9. The King Machine
The King Machine.jpg

10. MamaBear
MamaBear.jpg

11. Kloakndagr
Kloakndagr.jpg

Cape Coastie

CWO4 ENG/MSS, USCG, RET.
My 1984 M923

Here are a few photos of my 1984 M923 that I bought a little over a year ago. The first few are the truck as I first saw her. Having no engine or transmission we towed her to the shop and swapped in a eng/trans from the donor M936 wrecker you see in the photos. Then we put a Cummins 400 in the wrecker. There are a few photos of a few of the car shows I have attended. I think I have 8 dash plaques already. There is a shot of the truck pulling a car out of the snow bank last winter. Didn't even know it was back there when I pulled on it. There are also a few photos of some of the mods I have done. Love working on it and really love driving it.

Thanks for looking and hopefully voting.

Attachments

TNriverjet

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm in for simp5782. Wes works his truck every day of the week. It does what it was designed to do, and does it well!

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Just a funny story about the M38A1 Air Force Jeep.

My friend "Doc" bought that jeep (well part of it) from a junk yard. It was nothing but a stripped down tub. Doc and Marvin put that tub on a basket case jeep Marvin had and created a "rolling project" which I acquired from them about 13 years ago.

I bought a locked up engine and other stuff needed and put everything new in the engine, went through the trans, secured/installed everything we needed from a parts jeep I found and was about ready to paint her up when I remembered we hadn't really checked the brakes...except we knew they didn't work.

SO...on a Sunday a friend of mine and I went to the back lot to the "parts jeep" and dragged it around to the shop and put it on the lift. To my pleasant surprise the jeep had all the brake parts we could possibly need and they were in amazingly good condition...including the master cylinder...so we started swapping out parts and in a few hours we had brakes!

THEN...we were ready for a test drive! Started the new engine and she purred like a kitty.:jumpin: Dropped the transfer into 2WD and put the trans in first gear and eased out the clutch...you have never heard such a ruckus coming from the rear axle...and we weren't moving.:whistle:
Dropped the jeep into 4WD and let out the clutch...now there is double the ruckus but still no movement!:cookoo:

SO...back on the rack....to swap out the axles...and re-install all the brake stuff we had just removed from those axle assemblies...:shrugs:

NOW....we are ready to ride...and everything worked just as it should!

Got the paint prep done over the course of a couple of weeks and had a fresh gallon of Strata Blue paint sitting in the shop. MB come by for lunch on the day we were going to paint the jeep and wanted to see the paint...showed her a sample and she didn't like it....she looked at my mechanics Nissan Pathfinder...which was blue...and says..."I want THAT color...and so...she got it.

Now for the lettering....MB says she wants YELLOW lettering...because it will make everything "POP"!! And...so...she got it....along with the name "Lady Maria".

It took about 6 months to get the jeep going and she stays inside except for parades/displays etc., but for the last 11 years she has never failed to "perform".

Vote for MomaBear!!

Attachments

Last edited:
My first MV:

1972 AM General M35A2 (or it might be 1971 as the s/n suggests, or 1969 as on the title)
From NY national guard to its first owner, to a SS member, and now on to me.
Last stationed at the 133rd Maintenance Company out of Peekskill NY.
C turbo, troop seats, soft top, winch (yes I know it's wound on backwards)

Bought about two months ago, just finished the minor repairs she needed
IMG_0457.jpg

My dad and my grandfather, who used to drive a CCKW in WWII. Haven't seen him this excited in a long time:
IMG_0490.jpg
Plans are to stay as original as possible, minus basic upgrades such as spin on filters, and maybe goodyear tires. Parades, shows, and hauling brush are all on the list.
IMG_0486.jpg
IMG_0481.jpg

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Everyone feel free to vote for MomaBear's M38A1..."Lady Maria".

She said if I ever sold or traded that jeep it would never be safe for me to go to sleep again....I can't imagine what she means.:roll::papabear:

Glockfan

This is my 1986 M1031 which has been converted to an M1028A1 (I guess...), I installed a six inch lift from ORD, twin sticked the NP205, swapped to DRW front hubs and installed machined hub/lug centric steel 2 inch spacers on the rear of the truck. We installed a Mile Marker 12,000 pound hydraulic HMMWV winch which I upgraded to 10mm Dyneema synthetic line. My wheels are 24-bolt "E" rated MT/R's.

Following the advice of many good folks on the forum, I have made improvements to the ride and will continue to make the best improvements I can afford until such time that my wife says enough...

If it is not too late, I would like to toss "SGT Fury" aka the "money pit" into the MV of the month contest...

Cheers!

IMG_3355.jpgIMG_3313.jpg
IMG_3375.jpgIMG_3273.jpg
IMG_3270.jpgIMG_3216.jpg

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
This is my 1986 M1031 which has been converted to an M1028A1 (I guess...), I installed a six inch lift from ORD, twin sticked the NP205, swapped to DRW front hubs and installed machined hub/lug centric steel 2 inch spacers on the rear of the truck. We installed a Mile Marker 12,000 pound hydraulic HMMWV winch which I upgraded to 10mm Dyneema synthetic line. My wheels are 24-bolt "E" rated MT/R's.

Following the advice of many good folks on the forum, I have made improvements to the ride and will continue to make the best improvements I can afford until such time that my wife says enough...

If it is not too late, I would like to toss "SGT Fury" aka the "money pit" into the MV of the month contest...

Cheers!

View attachment 644786View attachment 644785
View attachment 644787View attachment 644784
View attachment 644783View attachment 644782
Sorry Brother...you missed the nomination thread which ended on the 15th. It IS a beautiful truck though. Please watch for the October nomination thread which will start on 1 Oct 16 and nominate your truck for next month.:beer:

The King Machine

This is my deuce.
It's a good truck. Very reliable for me, no coincidence I'm always wrenching on it😀
It is a labour of love.
Purchased in 2011, I bought it as a 30th birthday gift to myself. It is used often.

She was in pretty rough shape. Today she is battle hardened and ready to roll.
upgrades to date:
-air shift t-case retrofit
-super single 395/85R20 xml tires
-HEMTT rims
-I R&D and cut my own adapter plates
-Air Dryer
-New bench seats
-new hmmwv seats
-painted inner cab, body, and frame
-cargo cover
-air assist steering
-snorkel
-clutch
-head gaskets and engine top end rebuild
-overhead console
-new cab soft top
-lock out hubs
-custom cargo bulk head with light rack
-head light upgrade with plety of added LED auxiliary lights

Attachments

MarkM

CODE BROWN...It's all going to sh~t !
Steel Soldiers Supporter
My 91 HMMWV.

Just picked up mine from a buddy that put her together in CT. She came from the NJ National Guard. She was setup as a four man fiberglass maintenance truck. 17K on the clock since a 2005 refit. Had her painted in a Pingauer green to match my buddies Pinz and my M101A2 trailer that I painted Pinz green a few years ago. Had her turned into a four man setup and had high back seats installed along with a new green top and curtain. Had the two man troop seats cut down and installed to allow 4 men to ride in the bed. Lucky enough to find five new Goodyear MT-Rs with 24 bold wheels and run flats. Had the airlift bumper installed along with the Rhino spare tire carrier. I snagged a four man NOS Arctic 4 man top and curtain and a NOS entire dash board I am going to install. I really long this truck and still getting used to it. My first try at the MV of the month so I thank you for your consideration. A few more pics of the old girl.

Thanks,

MarkM
IMG_88991.jpg

IMG_86171.jpg

IMG_88981.jpg

20160904_101518.jpg

20160911_172723.jpg

20160911_172646.jpg

20160911_172758.jpg

IMG_88241.jpg

IMG_89721.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:

Valence

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm sorry Gunzy, while your M985 is my dream wheeled rig, I had to vote for Kloakndagr. I mean, Half Life references? Yeah, I'm a big geeky computer nerd that loves big green trucks too. That truck of Kloakndagr's just fed more than one addiction at once. :mrgreen:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks