• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Steel Soldiers MV of the month 2017 - Feburary VOTE HERE!

Please vote for MV of the month.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

18operator

The office for deuce parts and primitive man cave. That's the "special" exit. Watch that first step, it's a doosey! I have to have a safety chain going across the inside of the door or I'll forget. Ha! Almost happened once to me, that's why I put the chain across!

Another Ahab

The office for deuce parts and primitive man cave. That's the "special" exit. Watch that first step, it's a doosey! I have to have a safety chain going across the inside of the door or I'll forget. Ha! Almost happened once to me, that's why I put the chain across!
Maybe just bump-up your gym schedule; might solve the problem:

TNriverjet

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Some of they guys here have done "ground up" restorations. I can't claim that, and admittedly my truck was running & driving when I bought it. However, I have had to do some work on it.

Fan clutch solenoid. (a side note here, I finally got around to a system test by pulling fuse CB-22 this past weekend... the solenoid dumped and the fan whirred to life. It's good to know it works!)
IMG_3313-1.jpg

Broken passenger door handle replacement.
IMG_3374-1.jpg

Re-keying driver's lock to match new keys that came with passenger replacement handle.
IMG_3378-2.jpg

Broken window crank replacement a la Volvo (thanks for the tip Suprman)
IMG_3383-1.jpgIMG_3386-1.jpg

Here is some work on the driver's side front hub.
IMG_3701.jpg

Here is replacement of the older style air dryer.
IMG_3740.jpgIMG_3745.jpg

And... a gratuitous "beauty" shot.
IMG_3833.jpg

"Sandy" is getting too old to enjoy this, but I made her take one ride early on. She just runs toward the house when I start it up now...
IMG_3248.jpg

And, a recovery shot... Not such a good posture for the driver, but I made it up in the cab :clinto:
IMG_3202.jpg

Last edited:

18operator

I bought my 1971 M35A2 for the main purpose of having a bit of fun. I looked for one before this truck for almost 10 years. Only thiing stopping me was my postage stamp city lot. I wouldn't fit in the driveway between the houses.
Fast forward a few years and a move out to more rural settings, I finally had some room.

The truck is pretty much stock with the multifuel motor (Hercules).The FDC has been bypassed. A few add ons include spin on oil filter kit, boost and EGT gauges.022.jpg013.jpg

RGS20inophir

I purchased my 87' M35A2C at auction in Utah along with the 72' M44A2 (530C) Firetruck. How that happened was an all too familiar story, I am sure. Basically, I threw in two bids on two truck that were marked "Inoperable, parts missing, tow away." I was reasonably sure that I wasn't going to win... when I got an email saying that I had won both... I knew I was in for an adventure. I wrangled three buddies into packing every tool I owned into my Subaru, and we drove the 700+ miles to Utah. Once there I found two trucks that would pull start, needed the brakes bled, needed batteries, and fresh fluids. 20150515_155415.jpg2015-05-15.jpgUsing the firetruck as a service truck, we did all that in the yard and we were on our way.
20150516_171048.jpg20150517_114323.jpg
When I got home... the true magnitude of what I had just done "hit home" so to speak.
Insanity.jpg
The girlfriend (now ex) said, "You DON'T NEED this many trucks!" (I guess I just didn't need that kind of negativity in my life after all.) So, a for sale sticker went in my 71' and it eventually found a new home. But... four trucks in the yard was a bit much.

Why did I get the truck? Because I wanted it. Truth be told, I did way more with the 71' than I have the 87'. Hauled dirt, hauled rock, five cords of firewood, etc. I have yet to do anything but move all of my buddies with the truck.
20151223_161901.jpg20151223_161925.jpg
I guess I have hauled the occasional toy home...
received_10153796291239531.jpg

Other than tires, two spring ride seats, lollipops, and the cargo cover, I have only done PMs on the truck. My next modifications will be to add an EGT/boost gauge setup, some additional lighting, a winch, a place to stow the towbar setup, and a second fuel tank. I love the truck.

Tracer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I purchased my 87' M35A2C at auction in Utah along with the 72' M44A2 (530C) Firetruck. How that happened was an all too familiar story, I am sure. Basically, I threw in two bids on two truck that were marked "Inoperable, parts missing, tow away." I was reasonably sure that I wasn't going to win... when I got an email saying that I had won both... I knew I was in for an adventure. I wrangled three buddies into packing every tool I owned into my Subaru, and we drove the 700+ miles to Utah. Once there I found two trucks that would pull start, needed the brakes bled, needed batteries, and fresh fluids. View attachment 667817View attachment 667816Using the firetruck as a service truck, we did all that in the yard and we were on our way.
View attachment 667818View attachment 667819
When I got home... the true magnitude of what I had just done "hit home" so to speak.
View attachment 667815
The girlfriend (now ex) said, "You DON'T NEED this many trucks!" (I guess I just didn't need that kind of negativity in my life after all.) So, a for sale sticker went in my 71' and it eventually found a new home. But... four trucks in the yard was a bit much.

Why did I get the truck? Because I wanted it. Truth be told, I did way more with the 71' than I have the 87'. Hauled dirt, hauled rock, five cords of firewood, etc. I have yet to do anything but move all of my buddies with the truck.
View attachment 667820View attachment 667821
I guess I have hauled the occasional toy home...
View attachment 667822

Other than tires, two spring ride seats, lollipops, and the cargo cover, I have only done PMs on the truck. My next modifications will be to add an EGT/boost gauge setup, some additional lighting, a winch, a place to stow the towbar setup, and a second fuel tank. I love the truck.
You love the truck!! That's all that counts!![thumbzup]

Tracer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Tracer, we vote for you. Let us also know something about your MV.
Thanks Migginsbros. My truck is an M35A2C built by AM/General in 1972. I added the 5 ton wrecker warning lights for parades, and the M52A2 air cleaner for an LDS engine I hope to install in the future. Otherwise it's pretty much as delivered.....thanks again. [thumbzup]

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks